Skywest

It's much like JetBlue's arrangement, as I understand it. Regarding the binding nature of the policy manual, I would reason that the policy manual is as binding as any other element of company policy regarding matters of employment.

In the sense that the Pilot Advisory Board (I think that's what it is called) has absolutely zero legal say in the content of the agreements at JetBlue, yes, you are correct in thinking you are in a similar boat as them. Beyond that though, no, it is not similar. The contracts (and they are contracts) at JetBlue are between the company and each individual pilot. They also have expiration dates on them and have to be renewed to endure further employment. The system, they use there is very similar to something PARC or any other crew staffing company uses.

When they say they want 100 hours of instrument are they referring to actual? They say 20 of that can be sim, but can the rest be a combination of hood and actual?

When they say they want 100 hours of instrument are they referring to actual? They say 20 of that can be sim, but can the rest be a combination of hood and actual?
Makes sense it would be hood and actual as the ATP regs allows for the mix.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Makes sense it would be hood and actual as the ATP regs allows for the mix.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Thanks. Even though I fly a transport category airplane 95% of our flying is VFR. I have only about 13 hours of actual.

Well, that didn't do any good. Couldn't find much with a Google search, except some procedural motions. I still can't remember anything about how this case turned out, or really what any of the facts were. I remember something about lanyards, but that's about it.

The lanyards were the only issue that alpa was successful on. They lost on claiming that Sapa was a company union, but I'm not sure of the standard applied as it was for an injunction.

I had a PPM pre-union at Skyway.

It was hilarious. When they "violated" our PPM, the only recourse we had was a pilot board who was toothless and referred us to the chief pilot.

Wonder what the boilerplate answer always was? "Are you here to fly of are you here to complain? There's a stack of resumes..."

The lanyards were the only issue that alpa was successful on. They lost on claiming that Sapa was a company union, but I'm not sure of the standard applied as it was for an injunction.

Honestly, I can't remember any of this. I had worked the Skywest drive, but while this case was finishing up, I was focused on the Colgan drive, I believe. I'll check with the Legal Department when I have some time this week to see what they have to say about it.

Skywest Guys-

Is there any trick to bidding for Domiciles or is it just as simple as writing down where you want to be most, second most, third, etc...??? I imagine that there is some type of strategy taking consideration for commuting and all...

I know that Fresno is a Jr. Base for the bro right?

Can anyone list the FO domiciles for the Bro in order of most JR. to most SR. for me? I am trying to figure out here I would most likely be put if offered a position.

Thanks!

Skywest Guys-

Is there any trick to bidding for Domiciles or is it just as simple as writing down where you want to be most, second most, third, etc...??? I imagine that there is some type of strategy taking consideration for commuting and all...

I know that Fresno is a Jr. Base for the bro right?

Can anyone list the FO domiciles for the Bro in order of most JR. to most SR. for me? I am trying to figure out here I would most likely be put if offered a position.

Thanks!

I think junior Bro are FAT, SFO and LAX.

PSP is down there with FAT in terms of juniority. On the Bro you'll likely get just about any base you want in short order, except perhaps SBP and SLC.

Hey thanks for the reply. Let me ask you what is "short order"? I am also wondering, are all the domiciles both for the Bro and the CRJ or are some CRJ only / some EMB only? I can easily find the list of domiciles but not sure that they are all for both aircraft. Thanks!

Hey thanks for the reply. Let me ask you what is "short order"? I am also wondering, are all the domiciles both for the Bro and the CRJ or are some CRJ only / some EMB only? I can easily find the list of domiciles but not sure that they are all for both aircraft. Thanks!

My best guess for "short order" at least on the Brasilia would be 3-4mos if not less. We have a fair amount of movement right now, especially on the Bro so getting where you want should't be too difficult. There are CRJ only and EMB only domiciles, CRJ only would be MSP, ORD, IAH, TUS, PHX, DEN and SEA. I believe the only domicile that is EMB only is SBP. Domiciles with both types are LAX, SFO, PDX, SLC, PSP and FAT. As of right now the only 175 domicile will be ORD but I'm sure that will change as that fleet grows.

Last edited:
Back