SkyWest Update

pat84106

I know there are some poolies waiting for the skywest classes to start picking up again. I just want to update you on some good news for the future. From what has been said skywest decided to keep most of the EMB120s that were slated to be retired and replaced by RJs. The RJs are still coming and will probably be growth The first of them will be arriving near the end of fall and will be going to the delta side. Hiring is supposed to pick up again toward the end of the year, however if midwest tanks and we lose all 20 of the crjs in MKE then they probably won't hire as many or newbies will just go to the EMB.

Also it was reiterated today that there were absolutely no plans on any furloughs and anything else is just false rumors. If anything skywes will end up growing a little in the future.

Hope this holds up as well. . .but today is not the time to take everything management says to heart.

Have to prepare yourself for whatever could happen - the good or bad.

Good luck, and it is good news to hear, but I hope no one is holding their breath.

I know there are some poolies waiting for the skywest classes to start picking up again. I just want to update you on some good news for the future. From what has been said skywest decided to keep most of the EMB120s that were slated to be retired and replaced by RJs. The RJs are still coming and will probably be growth The first of them will be arriving near the end of fall and will be going to the delta side. Hiring is supposed to pick up again toward the end of the year, however if midwest tanks and we lose all 20 of the crjs in MKE then they probably won't hire as many or newbies will just go to the EMB.

Also it was reiterated today that there were absolutely no plans on any furloughs and anything else is just false rumors. If anything skywes will end up growing a little in the future.

Hey pat84106, I'm sure all the Skywest poolies, but especially myself, thank you for the update. Just patiently waiting for something to happen.

Hope this holds up as well. . .but today is not the time to take everything management says to heart.

Good luck, and it is good news to hear, but I hope no one is holding their breath.

Definately not holding my breath - already went and got hired at a few other places, i've all but forgotten about skywest as far as being called for a class.

Hopefully they don't abuse the red-headed step child in the process. Not sure what to think of S.H.'s mention of COLA lines in September.

Here's the story behind that.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Trebuchet MS Bold, Trebuchet MS Italic, Trebuchet MS Bold Italic]Company Offered Monthly Absence (COMA) Lines
Some pilots have asked if there will be any COMA lines published during the summer. As you will see in the June schedules, there has been an increase in the amount of summer flying. As a result, there will be more lines of flying, and the lines will have an increase in block hours. This can potentially leave minimal reserves and possibly a shortage of pilots.
The company has informed us that there will not be any COMA lines until possibly September 2008 if the marketing schedule are reduced. [/FONT]

https://crewroom.alpa.org/asa/Deskto...cumentID=42943

From what has been said skywest decided to keep most of the EMB120s that were slated to be retired and replaced by RJs.

That's usually how it works, they say that the Brasilias are going away, then when it comes time they say "just kidding!"

That's usually how it works, they say that the Brasilias are going away, then when it comes time they say "just kidding!"

You really think there still gonna keep the bros into SGU when and if the new airport is built?

Back