SkyWest to fly E175s for Alaska, Gets 12 PCL CR2s

Well, they're not helping the training saturation with news like this. Every QX FO I've talked to today is headed for the door.

Ya'll can head for the door, I'll head to the upgrade...or hell....which I think is St Louis, Ok City, and Wisconsin....all of which blow monkey butt in the summer and winter....I'd rather fly to Deadhorse, Ak

Doesn't AS already fly to St Louis? That sounds a lot like mainline flying...not that I'd know what that is. I'd be more POed if I was at AS than where I am now....sounds like they're (got it right this time) outsourcing what would otherwise be 737 flights. Wouldn't be surprised if there are E190s that show up...and would be a good 120ish passenger replacement....

I will laugh when the first fleet wide AD or inspection of wire bundles (MD 80) comes out and grounds either...but that's never happened before...AA.

Alaska is not interested in buying any other fleet type. They're sold on the one fleet-type concept.

Yeah, a buddy of mine who works at our HQ recently did the math, and it costs us a pretty penny to have our two fleet types.

Are QX FOs leaving because they are following upgrades, or are they worried QX is going to be gutted a'la Envoy by AAG in the upcoming months/years?

pete2800 said:
Other places that are hiring. One is dropping as many days as possible so he can wait tables and make more money.

But I thought QX pilots were the highest paid in our sub-segment of the industry?

Yeah, a buddy of mine who works at our HQ recently did the math, and it costs us a pretty penny to have our two fleet types.

But one fleet type does things the other can not do, and the other fleet type does things that the other can not do.

So if an airline has two types and uses them correctly, that would be worth paying a pretty penny to have the extra cost of the second type of airplane.

But one fleet type does things the other can not do, and the other fleet type does things that the other can not do.

So if an airline has two types and uses them correctly, that would be worth paying a pretty penny to have the extra cost of the second type of airplane.
Wait, you mean the 737 isn't the perfect airplane for every operation? Shocked, I say.

Back