SkyWest pilot killed during layover

God, talk about a very freak accident. My condolences to her relatives and friends. :(

RIP to the fallen.

On a side note, this may actually eclipse the Pinnacle FO and FA's layover mishap.

Furthermore, nobody's wacked me ona layover. I'm still alive.. if seen as a rarely as Bigfoot.

Not funny. Seriously.

Meh, that's debatable.

Although, in line w/ the op, this accident is very, very tragic. Goes to show, doesn't matter what you do, you could be gone without notice through no fault of your own. Terribly sad to hear things like this.

Fate.....Senseless tragedies such as this prove that everyone would do well to live each day to the fullest because you just never know...

Meh, that's debatable.

No, it's not.

Comparing a tragedy like this to a couple idiots getting hammered and trying to #### in the woods is *totally* tasteless.

Maybe he didn't mean anything by it, but this captain was very well liked at Skywest and I will guarantee you that some people on this board knew her.

She had been with the company for a while so lots of people knew her. Even one of our line mechanics, who spoke highly of her, told me he was talking with her a week or two ago when she passed through SLC.

When I was a new hire I flew a trip out of DEN with her on the Brasilia. It was my first trip in Denver and she was very helpful and patient with my relatively "green" Brasilia skills. I remember she was easy to fly and talk with, and a competent pilot and captain. A very nice lady.

I have done a ton of overnights in Casper. I have walked and jogged through the area where it happened lots of times. What a crazy, random and tragic accident. . . . Sigh . . .

[modhat]Keep it classy, folks. A person is dead.[/modhat]
Please accept my apologies if I offended anyone, that wasn't my intent.

I just thought the statement L-16B made about not wishing to see his worst enemies dead was curious and I was interested to hear the reasoning behind it since we are at war and our enemies certainly want to see us dead.

My comments were not aimed directly nor indirectly about the layover tragedy. No disrespect was meant toward the SkyWest pilot who was killed, nor any of her acquaintances. I can't even begin to know what her family, friends, and co-workers are going through right now after such a bizarre accident and I apologize if my comment was insensitive, poorly timed, and/or out of line and offer my condolences to her family, friends, and co-wokers.

[modhat]Keep it classy, folks. A person is dead.[/modhat]

Sheesh. No sense of humor anymore. Then again, I forget I used to work Medevac sometimes and not everybody else has- death is sort of an ironic joke to me more than anything else.

If I ruffled feathers.. sorry.

Try not to be so sensitive.

I have a terrific sense of humor.

However, this is a thread about a person being killed on an overnight. I think a bit of respect and decorum is deserved.

During your time as a Medivac, did you tell the friends/family/co-workers of people you saw killed to "try no to be so sensitive"? I would hope not.

My "mod" comment was not aimed exclusively at you. It was made to ensure that this thread will stay "classy", out of respect for a deceased fellow pilot. Not telling anyone "how" to grieve necessarily, just making a blanket statement to keep it classy. ;) Mmmkayy?

Back