Skywest likely to furlough

Seems like a few places are all fat.

... and yet, those places aren't really letting anybody go.

I think the airlines have seem oil prices plunge and hedged away... and now they're waiting to spring a HUGE springtime schedule.

This could be interesting.

I disagree.

Several articles I've read in the past few days/weeks indicate advance bookings for next year are really bad.

ASA and Skywest will be the only regionals in the industry with the staffing to pick up that flying immediately. Almost every other regional will have to recall, retrain, hire and/or pick up a new certificate for the 900.

Depending on how long you've been out, Express can get a guy recalled and back on the line in under a week.

As you're out longer, you need more training. At the one year point you go through initial again.

Seems like a few places are all fat.

... and yet, those places aren't really letting anybody go.

I think the airlines have seem oil prices plunge and hedged away... and now they're waiting to spring a HUGE springtime schedule.

This could be interesting.

Unless the economy rebounds or airlines raise ticket prices a lot, they'll lose their shirts doing that. I've also heard advance bookings for spring are in the toilet.

I won't say no to PBS...it works pretty darn good over here with teams of oversight from the pilots, the union and the company. If the pilot group/union thinks it needs to be tweaked, it gets tweaked. Works for some, may not work for others.

That's the key...positive pilot input. You got that, PBS ain't so bad (so I hear).

I disagree.

Several articles I've read in the past few days/weeks indicate advance bookings for next year are really bad.

Advance booking... people will still want to go places, and if the first of the year comes and goes and things look a little better, people will go places.

Mesa is not going anywhere. I've been making bets on Mesa's survival with buddies over the past year and I am racking it up. If anybody says Mesa is going out of business, I will take that bet. I might even buy some Mesa stock.

Back