SkyLens Hiring NOW! Mins 350tt

pilotbry

SkyLens Aerial Imaging is hiring NOW for 2 immediate openings for C172 aerial mapping pilots. This will be for work starting ASAP through the end of July and possibly into August. You would also be able to start the regular season Oct 1st with seniority pay. Training will take place in Hammond, LA (KHDC) as soon as we can get the pilots into town - most likely this weekend, June 5th, 6th. Please see the below info and follow the application instructions exactly.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

FAA issued Pilot Certificate
Commercial Single Engine Land
Instrument rated, current and proficient
350 total logged hours (absolute minimum)
25+ hours in Cessna 172
Read, write and speak clear English
Impecable radio skills
Experience in busy class B and C airspace
Life situation that allows for extended time away from home (7+ months during regular season)

OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
A&P Certificate
500+ logged flight hours
CFI / CFII
Previous aerial imaging experience (especially Pictometry)
Former US Military service men and women

COMPENSATION
Starting salary is $55 per day, 7 days a week plus a $25 per diem. Rental car and single occupancy hotel room are company paid. There is a graduating-scale performance bonus that will net a top performer another $800-$1000 or more per month. The more you fly, the more you earn. New-hires with previous experience on the Pictometry imaging equipment will start at $60 per day. Possible upgrade into a Piper Aztec next season.

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
We do not accept phone calls regarding employment.
Email your resumé to:
flightops@skylensaerial.com
Put the word "resume" in the subject field followed by a space then your last name.
In the email body, write a short note about how you would deal with the extended time away from home and any other details that would make you a good SkyLens pilot candidate. If you are being referred by a mutual acquaintance not listed in your resumé please indicate so.

Please include complete employment history for the past 5 years, Total time, Actual IFR time AND Hood IFR time, any previous aerial mapping experience, Type aircraft flown. A personal reference from your CFI or pilots you've flown with is helpful but not required. Please be advised: Not following these instructions exactly may result in your resume not being routed properly and therefore never reviewed, and in any case, the inability to follow instructions is a disqualifying factor.

Thanks!!
Bryan Porter
Flight Operations Mgr
SkyLens Aerial Imaging

Breh...

Air America out of DAB will take people with a wet commercial, not sure about NSA or Landcare.

Nick at NSA has shown real reluctance in taking anyone without 500TT. That being said, him minimums did dip down to 350-400TT just before the season started. If you play your experience right, you may have luck with NSA.

Breh...

Air America out of DAB will take people with a wet commercial, not sure about NSA or Landcare.

I got 275TT with High Perf, a 4yr Degree, Clean Record, Aviation work history and I'd love a position at one of these operators. Do I need to just show up at their doorstep and demand a job or something?

What is the ratio of qualified applicants to pilot slots at this level? If I had to guess it'd be 15 to 1.

I got 275TT with High Perf, a 4yr Degree, Clean Record, Aviation work history and I'd love a position at one of these operators. Do I need to just show up at their doorstep and demand a job or something?

What is the ratio of qualified applicants to pilot slots at this level? If I had to guess it'd be 15 to 1.

These are the type of cocky knuckle heads you don't want to hire flying a bug smasher.

Is the 350 TT non-negotiable ?
We are talking to our insurance carrier about some kind of per pilot waiver. Personally, I would not be opposed to hiring under that min as long as the pilot had some experience outside his home airport i.e. lots of XC, mountain flying etc, Go ahead and send a resume per the instructions and I'll see what we can do.

That's probably not too far off. Normally, when I post for a job on JC during the pre-season I get somewhere between 10 and 20 resumes almost immediately and 40-50 within days but this is a weird time of year for this biz. This is some unexpected off-season work. As of this morning I've only gotten 6 resumes and I have at least 2 slots open right now so it might be good odds for everyone to get a resume in.

7 days per week? how many days off can one expect per month?
Usually more than the average 9-5 worker. You don't fly when the sky conditions aren't clear below shoot altitude. You will likely have 1 to 2 full days off per week and a lot of short days, for example fly in the morning for 2 hours then clouds form and you're off for the remainder of the day. I had guys in TX during all that freakish rain last month that were down for 2 solid weeks until they were stir crazy. It's luck of the draw.

Usually more than the average 9-5 worker. You don't fly when the sky conditions aren't clear below shoot altitude. You will likely have 1 to 2 full days off per week and a lot of short days, for example fly in the morning for 2 hours then clouds form and you're off for the remainder of the day. I had guys in TX during all that freakish rain last month that were down for 2 solid weeks until they were stir crazy. It's luck of the draw.
Truth. When I did Picto I had crappy luck, whereas some other guys just got lucky with better projects and weather and flew 200+ hours more than me ofer the season. I think some guys had it even worse and flew less than I did.

Truth. When I did Picto I had crappy luck, whereas some other guys just got lucky with better projects and weather and flew 200+ hours more than me ofer the season. I think some guys had it even worse and flew less than I did.
Our total season times for the 7 month regular season this time ranged from 506 to 680 per pilot and we had an absolutely abysmal Nov and Dec with late leaves and early snow keeping us grounded then a horrible May with rain and/or early leaves.

That's probably not too far off. Normally, when I post for a job on JC during the pre-season I get somewhere between 10 and 20 resumes almost immediately and 40-50 within days but this is a weird time of year for this biz. This is some unexpected off-season work. As of this morning I've only gotten 6 resumes and I have at least 2 slots open right now so it might be good odds for everyone to get a resume in.

Thanks for the insight!
I will apply when the normal season comes around and I'm healed from an injury I recently sustained.

Our insurance company has given us the ability to waive the mins for pilots on a case by case basis. Any of you guys with 250+ can feel free to apply. I have one more seat to fill and would like to do it this weekend. Please apply now but ONLY if you can start immediately. Thanks!

I will be applying as soon as I get my IPC done for the fall season if you still are looking. I have over 1000tt, 150+ ME, 36 actual, 743 cross country, 900PIC.
Mike

Back