Site Offline at 2359 Eastern Thursday, February 19th

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Moving to a new dedicated server at Go Daddy this evening and hopefully it won't be down for more than a couple of hours.

Thanks in advance for your patience and especially thanks to Pedro for his expertise in helping me configure and acquire the new server.

So if it doesn't work, ya'll know who to blame! ;) :sarcasm:

Re: Site Offline Tonight at 2359 Eastern Tonight, February 1

Some basic statistics:

CentOS 5.2
Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz
2GB RAM

I don't know what any of this means but I do not approve of the site going offline. I have been out of town for a week and you do this the night I get back.

Thanks bud, first beer is on you in Vegas. ;)

Does this change things for you guys? I'm not very bright when it comes to computers so is this a big deal?

I just want you both to know: good luck -- we're all counting on you.

airplane.jpg

Doug,
Oh yeah. Hot chick superbowl ads win again. :laff:

Thanks bud, first beer is on you in Vegas. ;)

Does this change things for you guys? I'm not very bright :mad:
I think you'll be wearing the beer in LAS dude

and we all are aware about the last part, but you're welcome here anyway

Alright... Alright!.... I'll write my paper... you dont have to take the whole site down to get me off for a couple hours..

Doug why don't you just get your own box and run a dedicated line into your house? It can't be that much more than what you're paying right now and you'd have on site access to the thing.

I mean there are some advantages to having everything off site, then having another off site backup, of the thing ####s a brick you can have somebody else reboot it for you, it's just as easy to telnet into a remote server than it is to sit down on the box at home. But for reals, it might be worth doing it yourself.

Heck, do it yourself and start a farm. Hire Pedro to manage it part time and make a bucks for yourself. Come on man, be a capitalist!

Does that mean we get nudes of some of the GoDaddy chicks?

id tap danica patrick

and if it doesnt work, im killing you Pedro!

and lastly, I'll bet some beers on jeff...

im pretty sure you'll be wearing um ;)

Doug why don't you just get your own box and run a dedicated line into your house? It can't be that much more than what you're paying right now and you'd have on site access to the thing.

Does the average residential connection meet the bandwidth requirements for a site like JC?

I mean there are some advantages to having everything off site, then having another off site backup, of the thing ####s a brick you can have somebody else reboot it for you, it's just as easy to telnet into a remote server than it is to sit down on the box at home. But for reals, it might be worth doing it yourself.

Heck, do it yourself and start a farm. Hire Pedro to manage it part time and make a bucks for yourself. Come on man, be a capitalist!

No--he's doing it the right way--trust me, been there done that--redundancy is important to webservers--

Good grief, I hope this damned thing works...

Back