Site Offline at 2359 Eastern Thursday, February 19th

Re: Site Offline Tonight at 2359 Eastern Tonight, February 1

Somewhere at an undisclosed site in Arizona as opposed to in some datacenter in Florida!

I'm just glad this darned thing is back up as I've been wrestling with it all evening. I feel like going out and having a beer but it's already 0430.

Somewhere at an undisclosed site in Arizona as opposed to in some datacenter in Florida!

I'm just glad this darned thing is back up as I've been wrestling with it all evening. I feel like going out and having a beer but it's already 0430.

Good to see you up, mister! Am workin the nightshift here...

Thanks for the great effort. I know 6:30 EST is far from peak hours, but right now JC is running substantially faster for me than it ever has.

Thanks for the great effort. I know 6:30 EST is far from peak hours, but right now JC is running substantially faster for me than it ever has.

:yeahthat: but at 7 EST, came onto the site faster then about 80% of the sites i go to. :)

No--he's doing it the right way--trust me, been there done that--redundancy is important to webservers--

I've done both, and I personally prefer to have access to the box itself. But that's just me.

Does the average residential connection meet the bandwidth requirements for a site like JC?

Anything's possible. You could get enough bandwidth into a house if you were willing to pay for it. The question then becomes whether the cost of piping that much bandwidth into your house is cheaper than the mostly web hosting costs you're paying.

I look at it as owning your car vs. leasing it. Sure you've got a spiffy new car every couple of years when you lease, but in the end the costs are higher.

I like the new color scheme and the banner at the top looks pretty sweet! good work

I also like the look.

It seems faster too on my comp.

I like the new look, too. I have noticed a decrease in loading time, as well. But the real test will be at around 2300 EST because that's when the Web site is the slowest for me.

Hot and snappy on my end!

Here's some goodness:
trace.gif

Whatever that is above looks like this.

djfsl,bdsanfdf.weknflkwenfmwe
sdjfbsdlfjkdsbflkjdnsfkjndfkndsf
sdljbsdfkjsdbfkljsdnfjksdnfjdfsd
sdflbsdvnadsrakjblwfejkfewqkjfdfv
dvlhbdfvjndf;kjvndjk;sdnvn;dvvdsv
sd;kjfdsnfjdsfdsfnelwjfnfknwnfdsf
sldbsdWTFamIlookingatdkjlfndlkjf
wjlfbdsfjbsdlfjbdljfbdsljkfbdslkjfb
jsdnsmartinisaloserjdlbfdsjkfdjlsf
lewdmikecweblikesmartinsdlfdskjf
dsljfbsdfkjdlfjkdslfjdfjdjfndsjlfnd;fn

432 at Bush, I've got him at gunpoint.

;)

("Cops" radio traffic from the TV show)

Well, i'm having some permission errors now so I've got tech over in London looking at the issue.

Back