Sierra West

So I can get SIC time and make less than I did serving life guarding. I wish there was a low timers union so we could blacklist this place.

Makes me glad I decided to take it somewhat slow and freelance instruct part-time and bartend at night.

They fly you like crazy as well. One former captain I know flew an 18 hour day once: 9 hours there and part 91 back home.

And I thought Great Lakes' pay was bad. Pilots really are their own worst enemy. This reminds me of a job posting I saw the other day on the orange board. Lear 35 SIC position, 800TT was all they were asking for.

Of course, you have to pay for your own type rating, and in addition to piloting duties, you will also be responsible for cleaning the aircraft, taking phone calls in the office, and a plethora of other non-flying related tasks.

The pathetic thing is, I'm sure this place already has a stack of resumes about an inch thick. Hell, I bet Sierra West does too for that matter. :rolleyes:

Really isn't an excuse. There are far better paying jobs for low timers available. No need to go work for a pittance just so you can fly a jet.

The airframe should dictate the pay for the most part. I can understand an excess of experience can warrant extra money, but a line needs to drawn somewhere for going to the low end of the pay scale. Lear FOs typically make 35-40k a year. I don't care what someone's experience is, there is no excuse to take a jet job that only pays $13K/year. It only undermines the people that have built their careers on flying similar equipment.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much this.

Met an FO on the Metro out of Toledo a couple weeks ago. If memory serves me right something like a 12,000 18 month contract should you leave early and no pro rate

Back