Sierra West

cptcrt777

Found this on the Orange site:

Sierra West looking to fill some seats.

METROLINER FIRST OFFICERS (SIC TYPE NOT REQUIRED) - USA
Metro First Officers - SIC Type Not Required but Preferred; Part 135 Experienced Preferred

Permanent Position
• Location – El Paso, Texas or Toledo, Ohio
• Salary – Negotiable

Requirements:
• Class 1 Medical
• FCC Radio Permit
• Valid Passport
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to lift 75lbs

LEARJET FIRST OFFICERS (SIC TYPE NOT REQUIRED) - USA
Lear First Officers - SIC Type Not Required but Preferred; Part 135 Experienced Preferred

Permanent Position
• Location – El Paso, Texas or Toledo, Ohio
• Salary – Negotiable

Requirements:
• Class 1 Medical
• FCC Radio Permit
• Valid Passport
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to lift 75lbs

Definitely not the most reputable of places. Last I heard their " negotiable salary" for the Lear was $250/week. They hire SJSers at low time because they know they will take the terrible pay.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Definitely not the most reputable of places. Last I heard their " negotiable salary" for the Lear was $250/week. They hire SJSers at low time because they know they will take the terrible pay.

whats sjsers?

I believe he said $250 a week…

Thats what I meant and apparently I don't know how to edit via tapatalk!

And no offense, I don't mean you have to take it up the rear for a job, just saying in a broad sense that the more experience one has = greater leverage on pay.

Thats what I meant and apparently I don't know how to edit via tapatalk!

And no offense, I don't mean you have to take it up the rear for a job, just saying in a broad sense that the more experience one has = greater leverage on pay.
Really isn't an excuse. There are far better paying jobs for low timers available. No need to go work for a pittance just so you can fly a jet.

The airframe should dictate the pay for the most part. I can understand an excess of experience can warrant extra money, but a line needs to drawn somewhere for going to the low end of the pay scale. Lear FOs typically make 35-40k a year. I don't care what someone's experience is, there is no excuse to take a jet job that only pays $13K/year. It only undermines the people that have built their careers on flying similar equipment.

I wouldn't exactly call the Lear an "entry level" jet either...

Back