Sierra West Dispatcher Opening

It is pathetic, and it was challenging enough when I did it in 2017-18 prior to the huge surge in COL. Was a real slap in the face going to ALDI and having the hiring board for a stocker listing the same wage we got for dispatching. Hopefully with the current atmosphere we can see some big wins for the regional dispatchers... absolutely no reason to be making the same as an entry associate at a big box....

One challenge of the regionals is keeping union engagement and having a good union leadership... the people you'd most likely want in that position will likely be moving on more quickly.

However I would note that this Sierra West job is paying just about that $15 an hour starting, according to Forbes Modesto is 22% higher COL vs Indianapolis. So comparatively the Republic gig is less bad and would offer better experience building.
When I went through the interview process at Sierra West in March/April of this year, I told them I was looking for a minimum of $25 an hour…and they did not have a problem with that…said it was within their budget for a dispatcher.

Back