Sierra academy instructor job (thoughts)

Are you planning on going? This sounds perfect for a broke pilot that is too deep in to back out (aka me). I sent Sierra my resume, see what they say. I might see you out there.
Unfortunately, the timing is not right for me. I have a wife and a child due next month. However, once the wife goes back to work if they are still offering this deal then I still may consider it.

Hey If you wanna go for it then go ahead It's your career. I left Sierra to pursue an Instruction job where I could trust the Mx personnel, and where the managers dont treat you like dirt.... If you are single , low time, and are very good at Emergency Procedures (Cuz you WILL need it) then go for it... The other instructors there are awesome and it is like a family but you won't enjoy your time there . especially if you have to sign on for at-least a yr.....

Hey If you wanna go for it then go ahead It's your career. I left Sierra to pursue an Instruction job where I could trust the Mx personnel, and where the managers dont treat you like dirt.... If you are single , low time, and are very good at Emergency Procedures (Cuz you WILL need it) then go for it... The other instructors there are awesome and it is like a family but you won't enjoy your time there . especially if you have to sign on for at-least a yr.....

Yea Oregon is right. You will need to know your emergency procedures. BECAUSE IT IS IN THE PTS!!!!!....Not because of the plane.

I understand some bad blood may be here, but wen you are miserable the entire time you work somewhere and you bail without even proper notification to an employer. Regardless of how you personally view the operations of the business it is in poor character and sows a persons true colors, period!

I sent my resume and never got a reply. I guess they are not hurting for cfis that bad.

Just called Sierra today, and I was told one has to pay for the checkrides. 600 the first time and 300 for a retake. did anyone know this?

Just called Sierra today, and I was told one has to pay for the checkrides. 600 the first time and 300 for a retake. did anyone know this?
They didn't mention that to me. And I believe the contract I got even mentions the check rides as part of the money you would owe if you left.

However, I've never actually asked about the rides.

Yeah checkride fees is on you which is separate.

Has anybody doing this recently and how is it?

There are other thing I could go on about but, I am currently uploading resumes to airlines and, cant afford to continue much longer. Please feel free to PM me with questions.
I chose Sierra because if gave me what I needed for the very short run. If I was a new CFI needing to build 1,000 plus hours for ATP I would personally choose another school.

Also, any agreement you have with Sierra about free training get in writing. Have it detail how your going to train, when your going to train, and how much your going to train.[/QUOTE]

AAAAAAAAAAAA, thank you for the info. How about the multi ? How much they pay you and how many students hey give you ?

Thanks

Back