Side gigs

Can I be in the support group? I've really got into sims. Have a One G foundation AATD and a Redbird TD2 BATD. Wanted to figure out a way to marketed them and do IFR training but it's hard living out in the middle of nowhere. Hey Ross, do you do the evaluator stuff at GRCC? My friend Terry was offered that a while back but he's not around enough. He was FPL at SEA tower. Also wanted to ask you what kind of online class your teaching?

Attachments

• Full+sim.jpg
    Full+sim.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 4
Hey Ross, do you do the evaluator stuff at GRCC? My friend Terry was offered that a while back but he's not around enough. He was FPL at SEA tower. Also wanted to ask you what kind of online class your teaching?

Yep, out at GRC. I’m 99% sure I’ve heard Terry’s name and probably know him, just haven’t connected the face yet.

The class I’ve got right now is Advanced Instrument Procedures, one of the upper levels for BS candidates. I inherited a TERPS course from an ex flight check guy (who was also at ZSE) and tweaked it some. Goes over the design criteria of IPs and the final involves them designing one of their own.

It can be demanding but I really enjoy it. The program director is great to work with and has given me a lot of free reign. Between that and it being upper level (so the students feel a bit more invested and have a background to work with), it gives me a good amount of flexibility. I get to do what I wish my kids’ teachers could - adapt the course around their strengths and weaknesses, engage on a personal level, and stay in touch with some as they get their careers going.

I wonder if Big Bend would be an option form where you’re at. While I’m part of the four year program at GRC, it runs like a CC and that’s what most of their student body is working on. It’s a good entry point and they lean heavily on adjuncts (for better or worse). Glad to help if I can.

Back