Shouldn't this be a FAILED checkride?!?!?!?

Re: Shouldn\'t this be a FAILED checkride?!?!?!?

I also like how shes sweating a direction to enter a right base
shocked.gif
on the way to the checkride
shocked.gif

What, your instructor didn't teach you how to stretch a glide?

Okay, don't get bent. Just kidding.
grin.gif

The first thing that comes to my mind is:

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Whether or not you failed the checkride is not your decision to make. What you have done is gained a valuable piece of experience. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, but in real life, you now know what NOT to do.

Sometimes that is just as important as knowing what TO do.

That would be mine. No s*@# I was begining the flare when he pushed the power back in
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That would be mine. No s*@# I was begining the flare when he pushed the power back in
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're taking the 'on a checkride the canidate is the PIC' thing as seriously as I think we should, shouldn't a canidate say to the examiner, "OK, I feel confident that I will/will not make the landing area. We are within 500 feet of the ground and I am reclaiming the throttle."?

If you're PIC, DE in the plane or not, it's your responsibility to maintain safe flying conditions. If you are below safe maneuvering altitude, I think you should say so and do something about it. Heck if I'm gonna wait for someone to give me my throttle back! We're not all trained to fly 12 feet above the ground like Agcatman . . . I'm much happier with 500' as I think most PPL canidates would be.

At least, that's what I did on my ride and it worked out well . . . (It was other areas that I almost got axed on!
grin.gif
)

I would have successfully completed the "albiet bumpy" landing. If he wanted me to go all the way fine.

[ QUOTE ]
We are within 500 feet of the ground and I am reclaiming the throttle."?

[/ QUOTE ]

He had me do all ground referance manuvers at 600 ft.

It took me a while to respond to this thread but oh well... anyway, a lot of DE's have pet peeves... they will allow you to make mistakes on different things, within reason of course, but if aggitate their pet peeve they bust you. The particular DE i went to was very very fair... but his pet peeve was not being able to make a correct emergancy approach.... knowing this, I made sure I got that plane down correctly, and I got my ticket.

Back