should we start a thread for the security paperwork?

Philip

this stuff sucks :yup:

I'm having a hard time coming up with references, especially for the addresses I lived at in college, I wonder if I can use the school since they'd have perfect records. Also can you use the same person multiple times?

this stuff sucks :yup:

I'm having a hard time coming up with references, especially for the addresses I lived at in college, I wonder if I can use the school since they'd have perfect records. Also can you use the same person multiple times?

According to the form I downloaded the only place it mentions to try and not use duplicate names is for your actual references. For the employment history of course I am providing supervisor's names and for my education and residence history I will probably use a couple names twice. For example, a roommate in college should be a good contact to verify for your school enrollment AND your residency in that particular town. I have had to dig a little bit.

Another thought: I have had quite a time listing all of my part time employment. I can only vaguely remember the dates and I'm sure the supervisors are probably not even working there anymore. I'm just going to do the best I can and be as accurate as I possibly can. No harm in that.

According to the form I downloaded the only place it mentions to try and not use duplicate names is for your actual references. For the employment history of course I am providing supervisor's names and for my education and residence history I will probably use a couple names twice. For example, a roommate in college should be a good contact to verify for your school enrollment AND your residency in that particular town. I have had to dig a little bit.

going back 5 years puts me in college, everyone has left and I'm out of touch with them, not to mention I don't know that many people to begin with

going back 5 years puts me in college, everyone has left and I'm out of touch with them, not to mention I don't know that many people to begin with

For college look up a professor online and contact them. See if they can remember you.

that's a guranteed no dude, it's been 5 years since I graduated. no SIX.

Just use their last "known" address and contact info if you still have it. The government can track them down if need be. I did that with half of my contacts and got a secret clearance...

Well that's encouraging utah. I have been contacting all of these people to notify them of my situation but maybe I'm working too hard.

The paperwork I saw only asks you to list a person who knew you at any school you attended in the past 3 years. If it is over 3 years since school, it looks like you do not need someone who knew you.

Which forms are you guys talking about? So far I have only received the three basic easy forms... does anyone have a link to the forms or could send them to me, so I can at least start preparing for what they are going to ask for?

What kinds of references are they asking for? I don't have anything really from college since I was a commuter and didn't know anyone, and I have mostly lived alone, except for a two year period where I had a roommate but we are no longer on speaking terms...

Which forms are you guys talking about? So far I have only received the three basic easy forms... does anyone have a link to the forms or could send them to me, so I can at least start preparing for what they are going to ask for? The forms you have to fill out depend on whether you've been selected for terminal (sf-85) or enroute (sf-86)

What kinds of references are they asking for? When you list your addresses for the past few years you're required to give the name and address of somone who knew you while you were there and then you have to give three general character references. I don't have anything really from college since I was a commuter and didn't know anyone, and I have mostly lived alone, except for a two year period where I had a roommate but we are no longer on speaking terms...

Thanks.

So can I just list friends that knew me at the time, or does it have to be a roommate? Or property manager? Friends are fine, I lived by myself for a while so that's all I could use, the most important thing is to pick people who know you well and like you. I'm calling all my references that I"m putting down to make sure they're ok with it, cause from what I hear they have to fill out their own little packet of fun FAA paperwork too.

Character references... hmmm... who can I pay off...

I'm assuming they want previous supervisors/ coworkers, etc... or do they specifically mention they don't want more than one reference from any one line of work? They just don't want you to list the same people over and over again

I'll need to find the form... I'm doing the non-PEPC route, so I feel I will have to find a lot more of these things manually if want them done in any decent time-frame.

Thanks for both replies- you replied quickly so quickly I had already deleted my previous post! :)

I had deleted my post because I found the form online and got it figured out.

Many thanks... Might as well get this filled out so it's ready to go...

Does anyone know what the other forms are?

Thanks for both replies- you replied quickly so quickly I had already deleted my previous post! :)

I had deleted my post because I found the form online and got it figured out.

Many thanks... Might as well get this filled out so it's ready to go...

Does anyone know what the other forms are?

I don't know what else you need for going the non-PEPC route, but when I got my offer for ZTL thy sent me the sf-85 and form 8500 which is your medical, the only difference between enroute and terminal is that enroute fills out sf-86 and terminal fills out sf-85...Going non-PEPC like my dad did back in the day they'll send you a packet of paperwork, to do your medical, psych eval., FBI background check, etc. Anyone, please correct me if I"m wrong.

You can always use your past w-2's to help figure out where and when you worked....you should have at least the past seven year's on file as required by law....

Technically we are both right. The statute of limitations for IRS audits is three years from each April 15th or when you file your return, whichever is later. Note that if you underreport your income by 25% or more, then the statute of limitations is extended to 6 years. Finally, if there is fraud involved, then there is no time limit.

Just to be safe I keep all of my w-2's. You never know when they might come in handy. If it wasn't for my w-2 I would have never worked for Brinks Home Security. I have worked for some small companies in the past that are no longer in business. My w-2 is the only way to verify that I was working and not sitting on my a$$ and being a bum

So I got my invitation to Chicago PEPC, but still haven't recieved my date confirmation. Nor this Security Paperwork... :panic: Has anyone else who is slated for Chicago already got this paperwork? Or just the NY or Memphis people so far?

Does anyone know...I have my secret clearance already. I have heard there is a form I can obtain from my employer that has my information already on it pertaining to my clearance. What is this form called?

Back