Should I opt out of CFI program?

The concept is that you will have a asymmetrical flap deployment causing you to continue to roll upside down low to the ground.

For all you know the asymmetrical may actually roll you level if you are in a bank where as if you were straight and level it would roll you over.

I think that's one of those things somebody said once and for what ever reason CFIs seemed to latch on to.

For all you know the asymmetrical may actually roll you level if you are in a bank where as if you were straight and level it would roll you over.

I think that's one of those things somebody said once and for what ever reason CFIs seemed to latch on to.

I agree, I usually don't make a big deal about it but I would like to see the effects under a controlled environment. Anyone ever had this happen?

I had an asymmetrical flap deployment once. I actually had to counter with Aileron, and retract the flaps, then land without flaps.

I almost died.

I had an asymmetrical flap deployment once. I actually had to counter with Aileron, and retract the flaps, then land without flaps.

I almost died.

Was full deflection of the aileron enough to keep the airplane oily side down? Would'ova it mattered if you were in a bank or not?

hahahahahaha:rotfl:

think about it for five seconds

Without hurting my brain to much because I have already had a couple but I would imagine that even though the surface area of the flap is much larger then the aileron their would be a major difference in the arm for the roll between the two.
:beer:

hahahahahaha:rotfl:

think about it for five seconds
ok, 5 seconds up... can you please tell us?

1.) ailerons have a longer arm
2.) you have two ailerons working together verses only one renegade flap.

so, I really am curious how much aileron was required and if they were enough to counter the flap too.

ok, 5 seconds up... can you please tell us?

1.) ailerons have a longer arm
2.) you have two ailerons working together verses only one renegade flap.

so, I really am curious how much aileron was required and if they were enough to counter the flap too.
1. the speed of extension of the flap is way too slow to make it a surprise, if I am ever so far behind my airplane as to not notice and react to that I will put myself on the ground permanently, where I would belong.

2. It took about 10-15 degrees on the yoke and a little bit of rudder to counter the flap and fly straight.

It was a non event

1. the speed of extension of the flap is way too slow to make it a surprise, if I am ever so far behind my airplane as to not notice and react to that I will put myself on the ground permanently, where I would belong.

2. It took about 10-15 degrees on the yoke and a little bit of rudder to counter the flap and fly straight.

It was a non event

That wasn't so hard.

Very Hard

It is hard to believe that someone that holds a Flight Instructor Certificate could have such a shallow understanding of basic aerodynamics.

Your right sir...I should have just taught students the wrong answer instead of manning up and asking a ?.

You must know everything there is to know about flying then right?

Give it a rest skygod.

Back