sheffield

kilochuck

anywho attended sheffield school of aeronautices in FL. for dispatcher lisence, wondering what you thought etc., also any dispatcher in MSP have any insight on NWA, mesaba, sun country, or championair. thanks

I attended Sheffield in Apr/May of 2006 and have nothing but positive things to say about my experience there. Excellent place. If you wish, PM me for details.

I also have heard nothing but positives about Sheffield. A number of Delta dispatchers swear by them.

good to hear some positives, I just started a online distant learning course with them, loads of information, they seem real professional and top notch. Anyone currently dispatch or know someone that does?... would love to hear some real world info. about the job etc.

kilochuck,

How's the distance learning program working out for you? I'll be starting the same program here in a month or two.

just started up on the weather portion pretty in-depth, not sure how long it will take with working full-time, summer recreation, and other responsibilites, may have to push phase 2 back we'll see how it goes, when are you planning for phase 2?

I'm planning for phase 2 in October, but I might make the August phase 2.

I'm in the same boat; full time job, summer, wife to keep happy, etc.

Good luck to you guys at Sheffield. The job markets are really favorable right now for applicants at many places and I believe Sheffield even now has brige agreements with Pinnacle as well.

post phase II, how long did it take you to get a job? what sort of wage/salary, benefits, and schedule? any and all info greatly appreciated. thanks

I attended Sheffield in Apr/May of 2006 and have nothing but positive things to say about my experience there. Excellent place. If you wish, PM me for details.

HEY I WAS THERE AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!
Sweet !!. I was the second last guy to get the license I stayed at the Cypress ROad during the time.

anyone have any feedback about hiring in southern california? i'd like to attend one of these schools but fear that they are gonna place me away from home...what i would like to do is to get certified with one of these schools and then come back to southern california and look for a job. any thoughts on this? am i being an idiot for not taking a job that they offer me after graduation just cause its not my ideal place to live?

Back