SFO Job Fair Tickets

Aero Crew Solutions

Due to United increasing the number of available number of tickets on Wednesday, we will have 50 tickets available for walk-in attendees. The additional numbers will be assigned on a first come first served basis. You will have to fill out a registration form upon arrival and payment is due.

Due to United increasing the number of available number of tickets on Wednesday, we will have 50 tickets available for walk-in attendees. The additional numbers will be assigned on a first come first served basis. You will have to fill out a registration form upon arrival and payment is due.

Not sure what you mean here about Wed. I'll translate, after doing some research:

By Wed, this person means that several days ago, United Airlines released 50 additional tickets for the San Francisco job fair, on Saturday, Oct 18 2014.

Good luck everybody! I'll be drinking beer tomorrow, as I think this is a bunch of crap ran by people ripping off desperate pilots. Unfortunately my beer drinking will be occurring 1200 mi away, as I am on a crappy UEX 4 day that I couldn't get out of to attend this prestigious job fair.

I've been through a lot of job fairs in my day, and I just don't understand this. Poor communication, and we have to pay for this, when we are supposedly in demand?

@ATN_Pilot is right about this industry, I'm afraid to say. It is RIDICULOUS. I'm now working on a way out, maybe even back to engineering.

There was another post I was replying to, that was later deleted. Now it just looks like I was on a double rant, when I was actually responding to a post.

I still stand by my disappointment with these job fairs. I think they're a good idea in principle, but obviously I'm not a fan of the current process. There have even been people nabbing these tickets, and then freaking auctioning them off to the highest bidder! Quite unlike any job fairs I've attended outside aviation.

Well, I can vouch for @Aero Crew Solutions professionally and personally and I think you do him a disservice by having your little temper tantrum on a post that many might find helpful.

That's fair and I respect your opinion. There were a lot of people upset with the ACS over the way the ticket sales were performed for this latest job fair, and I hope it was corrected.

Apparently they did change vendors for the ticket sales process, so that's a step in the right direction. I'm just curious how much money is being made with these job fairs...

That's fair and I respect your opinion. There were a lot of people upset with the ACS over the way the ticket sales were performed for this latest job fair, and I hope it was corrected.

Apparently they did change vendors for the ticket sales process, so that's a step in the right direction. I'm just curious how much money is being made with these job fairs...
1.) Crap happens, things get overwhelmed and crash. I have tried buying tickets to events before and have had the same happen, remember EVERY semester in college trying to register for classes? ALPA openhouse? O wait... Anywho computer systems crash, the ONLY reason people are mad is because this one had a legacy attending which now they feel cheated because they couldn't get in. Probably the same people who whine about FOs with connections or minorities being hired. 2.) What does it matter how much they make? You would do the same if it was your idea. They are helping people get in touch with HR Departments all over, without them or FAPA there wouldn't be as much opportunity to meet them. People still have to spend money for OBAP and WAI...

If you score an interview at say, Delta, are you going to use them for interview prep?

Last edited:
1.) Crap happens, things get overwhelmed and crash. I have tried buying tickets to events before and have had the same happen, remember EVERY semester in college trying to register for classes? ALPA openhouse? O wait... Anywho computer systems crash, the ONLY reason people are mad is because this one had a legacy attending which now they feel cheated because they couldn't get in. Probably the same people who whine about FOs with connections or minorities being hired. 2.) What does it matter how much they make? You would do the same if it was your idea. They are helping people get in touch with HR Departments all over, without them or FAPA there wouldn't be as much opportunity to meet them. People still have to spend money for OBAP and WAI...

If you score an interview at say, Delta, are you going to use them for interview prep?

Pretty fair points I suppose. I just wish I understood more of the method to (what I perceive as) the madness. I have numerous connections to a particular legacy, yet these mean absolutely nothing until you get picked for the interview. Other places give you points based upon going to a job fair such as this, yet that appears to be a rumor, because as far as I know, no airline has actually admitted this to be true.

It makes for a very nebulous process, so that some people (such as myself) have absolutely no idea if it's worth spending much needed cash AND time at home to even attempt attending one of these things.

Finally, what baffles me most is that skilled pilots are supposedly in demand, yet we are willing to shell out big $$ just for a small chance of theoretically increasing our chance at having an interview. It just seems really crazy to me, particularly compared to other professions I've been in.

It absolutely helps attending any job fair where an airline is accepting resumes. I know many people who got hired promptly after one of these. You need to come to grasps with the fact that any advantage counts and you have 1000s of people looking for an advantage that will take it and complaining here won't help. Gett'er done dude.

The problem with pilots is that we're all the same. The ways of finding the types of outliers that you want to hire are nebulous at best, and because of this, there is no substitution for face time with a recruiter.

There was another post I was replying to, that was later deleted. Now it just looks like I was on a double rant, when I was actually responding to a post.

I still stand by my disappointment with these job fairs. I think they're a good idea in principle, but obviously I'm not a fan of the current process. There have even been people nabbing these tickets, and then freaking auctioning them off to the highest bidder! Quite unlike any job fairs I've attended outside aviation.

If it makes you feel better, at the United FFD open house they said that going to a for profit job fair doesn't do anything for you unless you happen to impress the hell out of the recruiter. And the chances of that happening amongst a bunch of zombies standing in line holding resumes isn't particularly good.

They said they don't keep track of who goes to what.

The problem with pilots is that we're all the same. The ways of finding the types of outliers that you want to hire are nebulous at best, and because of this, there is no substitution for face time with a recruiter.
This is true, it is just hard to swallow the need to spend $300+ per visit with a recruiter. That can amount to thousands of dollars being spent and the worst part is you have no idea if it is actually helping your cause until you receive a call for an interview. The system is completely messed up and I of course have no idea how to fix it other than turning the career fairs around and charging the airlines for attending.

This is true, it is just hard to swallow the need to spend $300+ per visit with a recruiter. That can amount to thousands of dollars being spent and the worst part is you have no idea if it is actually helping your cause until you receive a call for an interview. The system is completely messed up and I of course have no idea how to fix it other than turning the career fairs around and charging the airlines for attending.
The alternative is the way Airways did it. Your app, assuming you met the reqs, went into a pool where a certain amount were pulled based on random numbers (say 100 for the month). They then went to a review panel who hand picked those they wanted to see. After that, you got an interview.

Pros and cons to every method. The Pro with the Airways system is, since we are all alike, it gave everyone an equal chance. The con was if you really wanted to work there, and even knew a dozen people who did, they couldn't help you a bit.

Back