Security Reference Question

ksutim

Ok, so I was just informed from one of my personal references that I listed on the SF 86 that he has lost the form either by packing it up in a box getting ready to move or accidentally threw it away. So does anyone have any idea on how screwed I am? My other two personal references have already filled it out and sent it back in. I'm just hoping that this stupid mistake doesn't cost me a month or something in the waiting process. The OPM can't seriously expect to get EVERY letter back they send out right?

I'm not at that stage in the process yet. How does this work? Does every person you list as a reference get paperwork to fill out or something?

Ok, so I was just informed from one of my personal references that I listed on the SF 86 that he has lost the form either by packing it up in a box getting ready to move or accidentally threw it away. So does anyone have any idea on how screwed I am? My other two personal references have already filled it out and sent it back in. I'm just hoping that this stupid mistake doesn't cost me a month or something in the waiting process. The OPM can't seriously expect to get EVERY letter back they send out right?

They do not expect to receive every form back, I believe the expectation is more than 50% but less than 75%.

HOWEVER! I would highly recommend guilting him into doing everything you ask until you go to Academy.

Oh, and do something about the God forsaken Avatar! ; )

He was freaking out about it thinking that he ruined my chances on getting the job. I just told him that he will have to buy me a night of drinks next time we are together.

As for the avatar, you can't still be mad at K-State for beating the "Greatest Team in College Football History" in the 2003 Big XII Championship, can you? We can't all be cheaters like the sooners and whiners like ol bobby stoops. :laff: I guess we might have to place a friendly wager each time our teams play since we will hopefully be at the same facility.

do they ask for these references somewhere along the process or do they automatically send out the references from people we listed on the original application? (i think i remember listing people...)

When you go for the interview or go to the PEPC you will have to fill out a SF 85 or 86 depending on where you are headed. The form is long and you have to provide references for every place you lived in the last 7 years, 3 personal references, and references for every job, school or unemployment. These are the references that receive the letters for referral.

When you go for the interview or go to the PEPC you will have to fill out a SF 85 or 86 depending on where you are headed. The form is long and you have to provide references for every place you lived in the last 7 years, 3 personal references, and references for every job, school or unemployment. These are the references that receive the letters for referral.

And if you list someone in more than one spot on that form...they get a letter for each time. Lol, I had some friends that were on there 3 times because I lived in a couple of places in the same city. So they got three forms.

What about jobs where you don't have a reference?

I worked at one store that is out of business and I can't even remember my boss's name. And I've been at maybe two other jobs where I'm sure my boss is gone and I don't remember who he/she was anyway.

Gotta love stupid summer retail jobs.

Back