Salt Lake City freight gigs

No 18 month contract that I've heard. We are hiring straight into the 99 now.

Rumor is FAA waiver for hire at 800hrs sit right seat for 100 more and at 900 your "golden"

But than again I'm known to start rumors.

Really Alpine and Key Lime are merging "Keypine"

lol about your rumor comment!

What are the mins to go straight in a 99?

No 18 month contract that I've heard. We are hiring straight into the 99 now.

Rumor is FAA waiver for hire at 800hrs sit right seat for 100 more and at 900 your "golden"

But than again I'm known to start rumors.

Really Alpine and Key Lime are merging "Keypine"

Think you could get me an interview?

No not really most 121 RJ pilots can't hack it. Generally you wash out because you can't do a single engine, NDB approach circling to land, partial panel, electrical failure, gear failure, on fire, while inverted in a thunderstorm.
...and eating a sandwich

Fellas,

Due to well...America wide funding cuts...it's looking like I might lose my full time F-16 gig in Utah. I'm at about 1250 total time, with about 700 hrs in light singles, plus my military time (~250 in each of the T-6, T-38, and F-16). Are there any freight gigs out here in SLC?

Thanks!

Aim higher....

I thought you weren't too thrilled about the regionals? ;)

I mentioned AmFlight because if you had no way to build multi time that would be a good way to do it. Since you're an MEI it looks like you've got that part covered.

Honestly if corporate or medevac sounds like a good idea to you, you should look at AmFlight. Lots of guys on here can help you with that. If you're in Wyoming I could also mention Key Lime but I'll only do so with a lot of caveats that you can ask me about later.

If you're like me and your ultimate goals are 121 you should go to the regionals. Expressjet just announced a DEN base opening in August. Expect that to go senior but its another option if you're trying to stay west. Talk to jtrain609 about life at XJT and life at the regionals in general.

Hey thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the late reply. I am not even sure what my ultimate goal is anymore.
Here is what I really want:

A steady job, flying an airplane, where I can pay my bills, and have a decent QOL.

I didn't initially think that was asking too much... I am beginning to think maybe that is too tall an order. :)

12 month. but if you sign one for the navajo and another one for the 99 and then another one for the 1900, then yes, you could be committed to AMF for 18 months or longer, depending.

My buddy at skywest, was in a recent new hire class where all but one new hire had around 3,000 hours and jet time or turbine pic. The other guy still had 3,000 hours.
How long will they be able to be that selective? Who knows.

DARN! Looks like I might be instructing for a while..... 3k hours! Oh my lord! For a job that pays 22K a year? Yipes!

Entry level position- must have 5 years experience.

I could sin and go to Great Lakes, then again I would make more flying the Seminole.

It's a 12 month contract not 18.
I'd imagine the regionals will be/are taking anyone that has ATP mins. I wouldn't worry about being able to go to the regionals.

Will you need the ATP or just the ATP mins and the Written done? I have heard that a lot of guys get the ATP in initial training with the company right?

Hey thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the late reply. I am not even sure what my ultimate goal is anymore.
Here is what I really want:

A steady job, flying an airplane, where I can pay my bills, and have a decent QOL.

I didn't initially think that was asking too much... I am beginning to think maybe that is too tall an order. :)
Well, I've got news for you, not too many places you can get that right out of the gate unless you're in the right place at the right time. Some of this board have accomplished that, others have not.

On the other hand, if you're willing to pay your dues a bit within a few years you can be making ok money with some decent time off. Some will take issues with my "pay your dues" line, but it's the reality of the world as we know it at the moment.

DARN! Looks like I might be instructing for a while..... 3k hours! Oh my lord! For a job that pays 22K a year? Yipes!

Entry level position- must have 5 years experience.

I could sin and go to Great Lakes, then again I would make more flying the Seminole.

Never know. Word on the freight side of the world is that SKYW is calling people for a class again. How how big is the pool? How fast will it drain? What is competitive for the Bro?
I things may look like they suck, but really they haven't looked this optimistic in five years.

Well, I've got news for you, not too many places you can get that right out of the gate unless you're in the right place at the right time. Some of this board have accomplished that, MOST have not.

On the other hand, if you're willing to pay your dues a bit within a few years you can be making ok money with some decent time off. Some will take issues with my "pay your dues" line, but it's the reality of the world as we know it at the moment.

FTFY

Back