Sad Realization

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415344754.390770.jpg

I actually experienced a similar situation. Probably wouldn't have been a street hire (although they were hiring for that), but the upgrade would have been fairly quick. Now that the new 121 cpt rules apply none of the 135 cargo time counts thus increase upgrade by years. All because it was boxes and not pax. It's B.S. How is flying a beech 1900 for great lakes any different then flying one for Ameriflight? It's not, and the FAA got it wrong with the interpretation of this regulation.

Last edited:
I don't understand how the majority of this forum thinks 121 begins and ends at regional, lcc and major airlines and is almost exclusively jets.
There's a big world outside of scheduled pax.

Last edited:
Itchy said:
WAIT Wait wait.... You were thinking you would go from (and I do not know what you were flying, I'll assume a 99) a 99 and waltz in *somewhere* and be a 4 week wonder somewhere in the left seat of a 121 operation *anywhere*? I've been in the bizz for 31 years, and have never heard of that. I have heard of some outrageously short upgrade times, but not a non 121 guy getting a 121 left seat.

Uh Mesaba did it just a few years ago. I seem to recall a guy renting a Seminole to get 50 hours twin time to add to his 1000's of hours of 210 cargo time.

I actually experienced a similar situation. Probably wouldn't have been a street hire (although they were hiring for that), but the upgrade would have been fairly quick. Now that the new 121 cpt rules apply none of the 135 cargo time counts thus increase upgrade by years. All because it was boxes and not pax. It's B.S. How is flying a beech 1900 for great lakes any different then flying one for Ameriflight? It's not, and the FAA got it wrong with the interpretation of this regulation.
Because that is how it is.

(They think it don't be like it is, but it do.)

Uh Mesaba did it just a few years ago. I seem to recall a guy renting a Seminole to get 50 hours twin time to add to his 1000's of hours of 210 cargo time.

So you're saying he went to the left seat at a 121 carrier with only 50 hours of multi in a Seminole? I'm having a hard time believing that.

I wasn't thinking of anywhere in particular. It was just an option that I thought might be available. But according to 121.436 my time in the mighty Metro won't help me in this case.

I wasn't thinking of anywhere in particular. It was just an option that I thought might be available. But according to 121.436 my time in the mighty Metro won't help me in this case.

In 2007 I thought I was going to go to Airnet, be a Lear CA in 18 months, and do great things. Seven years later, I'm a RJ FO. This career has LOTS of ups and downs, which is really the only thing you can count on.

In 2007 I thought I was going to go to Airnet, be a Lear CA in 18 months, and do great things. Seven years later, I'm a RJ FO. This career has LOTS of ups and downs, which is really the only thing you can count on.
I did that and we're still looking at the same places....

I wish the OP would chime back in to elaborate more. My gut feeling is that he is the one of the guys who drank the company Kool-Aid. For some reason there are just too many guys at AMF with delusional expectations.

I wish the OP would chime back in to elaborate more. My gut feeling is that he is the one of the guys who drank the company Kool-Aid. For some reason there are just too many guys at AMF with delusional expectations.
If it's the 121 street captain thing then I hope he just didn't find that out yesterday. That regulation as been out there for a bit now.

Just so you know I liked that because I agree...Not because I "like" it

If it's the 121 street captain thing then I hope he just didn't find that out yesterday. That regulation as been out there for a bit now.

Even if it is, it's grossly delusional to be offered a street captain 121 position right now anyway. Not unheard of in years past but come on... If your goal is to be a 121 street captain and you go to AMF, uhhhh da fuq?

Back