Russia to allow carriers to hire foreign pilots due to shortage

This could actually be really cool under the right circumstances. I had the chance to fly to Kyrgistan (former USSR) numerous times and really enjoyed the culture and history. But it's really important to realize that if you were to go work for a carrier over there that you won't have the same rights and civil liberties we do. If you're ok with that, understand the culture ahead of time, and want an adventure, it could be great.

I would do some serious research on flying for Russian airlines before getting happy on this announcement. The bizjet world over here is an entirely different subject, but the airlines...no way would you catch me flying for an Eastern European airline. Just saying, from somebody who has been over here for almost 2 years, and also 2 1/2 years in the Ukraine...

I road on AeroCvit a couble of times and wasn't absolutely terrified...that said, I wasn't up front.

Expat contracts are generally better terms and conditions than what local pilots will be on, just look at Chinese contracts as an example.

One can also look to Air Astana as an example of what Russian expat contracts could look like. Something close to 9000 Euros/month for narrowbody plus housing with a six week on, two week off rotation. Anything less than that and they would have no hope of attracting anybody.

Typhoonpilot

I suppose it can't be too much of a surprise that I love the crazy Russkies. Tolstoy? Dostoyevsky? Flying a Tu-Anything with hundreds of MELs? The Wild West is dead and gone, but the Wild East is still out there, bekoning like a drop-dead gorgeous Russian chick in stripper boots who will look like a sack of potatoes at age 35. Sign me UP.

Also, I am kulturnich. Presuming that means what I think it does.

I'd be interested in seeing how this plays out. I wonder if a cadet program (ala CX) would come out of this or if it will be strictly experienced ex-pats only.

I suppose it can't be too much of a surprise that I love the crazy Russkies. Tolstoy? Dostoyevsky? Flying a Tu-Anything with hundreds of MELs? The Wild West is dead and gone, but the Wild East is still out there, bekoning like a drop-dead gorgeous Russian chick in stripper boots who will look like a sack of potatoes at age 35. Sign me UP.

Do you think they really have MELs or just "Well... That doesn't work."

Thank you. More men need to realize that Russian women age like mayonnaise in the sun. I don't get the fetish.

Plenty of NHL players refuse to go play in Russia because of the Russian airline stigma, and they are being offered millions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I bet there will bo worse horror stories coming out of this than the ones people post about working in china.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

russian fa.jpg

Oh ye and i guess get used to flying with lots of ice on your wings lol. Also i have a feeling locals will hate the foreign pilots especially americans. Its pretty popular in russia right now to hate americans. During the communist times it was just the government that hated america but now its actually the people that do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd like to be the American cowboy that goes over there. They can call me a buck-a-roo all they want, but I'd still love to fly a multi-engine turboprop over there.

The problem with these jobs in Russia is playing chicken and knowin' when to flinch.

You know, to get them to hire me, I'll fly the alps with a stop watch and a map in a plane with no windows. As long as the map is accurate enough, I guess.

I've perfecting my crew briefing for when I upgrade: Comrades! Our own airline doesn't know our full potential! They will do everything possible to test us, but they will only test their own embarrassment. We will leave our fleet behind! We will pass through the American patrols, past their sonar nets, and lay off their largest city, and listen to their rock and roll...while we conduct missile drills!

errr

ya

ya

Back