Room with a View!

va7avybe.jpg

Waldorf Key West

That place is awesome, wife and I enjoyed it thoroughly

I thought Turkey was awesome. Weird Euro/Slavic/Muslim cultural blend, but I enjoyed it. Cheap, beautiful, and great food.

I thought Turkey was awesome. Weird Euro/Slavic/Muslim cultural blend, but I enjoyed it. Cheap, beautiful, and great food.

I've always said it was the place that scared me the most to travel to, but to get to Moldova a brief layover there made sense. Istanbul was fine, I don't think you could find a better place for a 24 or longer layover, but I don't need to ever return. Sunrise in Cappadocia was absolutely astonishing, the second most beautiful morning of my life; though Cappadocia was still tourist turkey. I left it for Kars which is actually closer to Baghdad and Tehran than Istanbul; there’s no reason for tourists to be there except for the most dedicated idiot like me trying to get to Ani. I was amazed at how friendly everyone was to this Jewish kid from the USA. Everyone from girls dressed in sexy western style clothes to hijab wearers and even total burkas would come up to say hello and ask where I was from – that is if they spoke English. The hotel workers were all university students eager to show off their town for the rare tourist. They kept taking me everywhere, introducing me to all their friends, and always buying whatever we are having; tons and tons of tea. They even brought me to a concert at their university. It was an amazing time – but someone in the government decided to add me to a list that doesn’t exist, and I’ve been getting SSSS tickets ever since. I can’t decide if it was worth it.

http://www.adler-photo.com/Travels/Turkey/

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always said it was the place that scared me the most to travel to, but to get to Moldova a brief layover there made sense. Istanbul was fine, I don't think you could find a better place for a 24 or longer layover, but I don't need to ever return. Sunrise in Cappadocia was absolutely astonishing, the second most beautiful morning of my life; though Cappadocia was still tourist turkey. I left it for Kars which is actually closer to Baghdad and Tehran than Istanbul; there’s no reason for tourists to be there except for the most dedicated idiot like me trying to get to Ani. I was amazed at how friendly everyone was to this Jewish kid from the USA. Everyone from girls dressed in sexy western style clothes to hijab wearers and even total burkas would come up to say hello and ask where I was from – that is if they spoke English. The hotel workers were all university students eager to show off their town for the rare tourist. They kept taking me everywhere, introducing me to all their friends, and always buying whatever we are having; tons and tons of tea. They even brought me to a concert at their university. It was an amazing time – but someone in the government decided to add me to a list that doesn’t exist, and I’ve been getting SSSS tickets ever since. I can’t decide if it was worth it.

did you ever get KCM back?

I visited Antalya, the Turkish Riviera if you will......so definitely touristy. You do a turk bath?

honestly, it wasn't sexual. I guess the nudity could be construed as such, but it wasn't anything I couldn't tell my wife about. Though the rinse did feel like being waterboarded.
I usually get hard if a hot girl makes eye contact with me. I can't imagine how I would describe a naked Japanese girl rubbing my every crevice, but pretty sure I would not dismiss it as "non-sexual". Whether or not that would get me ejected from the arena is yet to be seen.

Back