Risky Stuff

Hey Kahiona42...

how do you like driving the bus for Seattle Metro? I've thought that this could be a not-too-bad part time job. Do you get health insurance benefits?

Hey, do you drive the 174 by chance from Federal Way through Sea-Tac and on to Seattle downtown? That goes through some pretty rough areas... I ride it every time I go to Seattle to see my fiancee!! Seattle bus system is great overall though!

Metro is a pretty good gig. I work part-time in the afternoon and get 18-20 hrs a week, plus I make my self available for extra work in the AM which gives me anywhere from 2-15 additional hrs. Starting pay is $15.51 an hr and they provide all training (not bad, considering you need no experience). Yes we do get full medical and dental, even part-timers. It works great with my other commitments (watching my kids while my wife works, school and learning to fly at my local FBO starting in July). Yes, Seattle does have a good bus system and no, I don't drive the 174 I'm a little "risky", not crazy! If you ever decide to do it let me know, I'll tell you how to get thru the written test.

When's the big wedding? CA or WA? Congrats!

Back