Risky Stuff

Well, since you brought it up, I'll go ahead and talk about my favorite subject....Auto racing. I started racing karts when I was 13 and moved up into cars at 17. I raced cars for several years all the while trying to move up into the profesional level but was never able to put together the needed sponsorship to make it happen
frown.gif
Driving professionally is what I would really love to be doing(and I still haven't given up completely yet), but if I can't, I figure flying is the next best thing. As far as the danger of it goes....sure I've had my share of accidents and visited my share of emergency rooms, but the risks are worth it casue there is nothing in the world like driving a race car.

I like to run with scissors.

Other than that, I like ultra running, especially at high altitudes (50 to 100 miles at 10k and above). The ultra runner's motto, "More important than the courage to finish is having the courage to start."

Later,

Chris Bow

Air and water are overrated!!!!!

Scuba diving... Had a lil situation during training resulting from a free flowing primary regulator, 5 foot visibility, and lack of experience. 40 feet is a looooong way up when you're not breathin'.

I enjoy a lot of "risky" things. Sailing, skiing, surfing, hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, hockey, want to go skydiving, and motorcycle riding. I also like to go out in college towns (very risky), and enjoy dating (the most risky thing of all).

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
. I also like to go out in college towns (very risky), and enjoy dating (the most risky thing of all).

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In college, hanging out with Doug the Ladies Man was much fun.

I ski and play a little hockey. Both of those are pretty high risk. The funny thing is that my hockey and skiing are what led me to get really interested in flying. I was out at Breckenridge and got to chatting with a UAL captain who told me how much fun he had and how he had been doing his job for 15 years and still loved it like it was day one (I sure hope he's still got it). And then one of my hockey teammates flies corporate and he's the one who told me he'd drag my ass to an intro flight if I didn't do it myself!

[ QUOTE ]
I also like to go out in college towns (very risky), and enjoy dating (the most risky thing of all).

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They still got the buckets at Kam's? Combining that with dating can be a very bad thing.

Not that I'd know anything about that!

I'm an adrenaline junkie. I'll try almost anything once. But I have tamed myself a bit since I started flying. I really don't want to be grounded because I broke my leg, ya know!

I enjoy driving fast cars, it's both an expensive and risky hobby lol

Probably a good reason to want to be a pilot, much safer getting airborne in a plane than in a car
grin.gif

I dunno about buckets... I did to a "shot of the wall" once there though. The bartender poured some of every alcohol on the wall behind the bar, plus grenadine, ice, and sprite, into a pitcher... then we distributed the shots. It tasted GREAT.

Aww Kams, how I'll miss U of I.
frown.gif

My memory is a little hazy, but I think the buckets were $5.00 for a utility bucket full of beer. I don't even want to know what beer we were drinking. All I know is that I woke up on Monday mornings (or afternoons) a lot with the nastiest hangover.

I also remember a stupid Freudian psychology class that the prof deliberately scheduled for Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 8:00 AM. It was full of seniors who hated that guy, since attendance was 25 percent of our grade! Well, since he didn't say we couldn't show up hungover or still drunk, we did that a lot!

>>since attendance was 25 percent of our grade!<<

WOW that sounds easy!! Where I went to college 30% of your grade was a project and 70% was your final examination. This was the norm. We also had some which were 100% final examination.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you teach DrBenny?

Cheers

John Herreshoff

[/ QUOTE ] I teach Music Theory, Music Literature, and private cello lessons.

ARRRGH!

I surf (not just the internet) on the Washington coast, yes it is cold! I commute to work by bicycle or motorcycle. While I'm at work I drive a bus thru some of the "more interesting" areas of Seattle for our public transit system.

I SCUBA dive. I also occasionally do some hiking and hunting. I have a motorcycle, but it needs some work before it will be ridable again.

I quit motocross when I started flying (I pretty much sucked anyways). I've skied since I was in second grade, I mountain bike, and jump out of airplanes.

Or, I should say...I used to do all that. Now I don't have health insurance, so I'm afraid to drive to work let alone ride my bike how I used to or get recurrent skydiving.
shocked.gif

I've always wanted to go Skydiving.....

Most risky thing I've done other than flying...hmmm..well, that would have to be driving my car and betting my money on NFL games with guys at my part time job
grin.gif

DeltaASA16

Risky stufff? Hockey, skiing, rock climbing, bungee jumping? Come on guys. I've got you all beat. I'm MARRIED! And on the weekends we go to Home Depot and look at wallpaper. Now that's risky!
tongue.gif

Back