Right on track...

pavelump

OK, really I just got sick of seeing "Website on PanAm" under the FlightSafety forum. BUT...

At first I didn't think that it was possible, and I'm knocking on wood as we speak, but I'm right on track with my training and I expect to finish my CIME at or slightly above the 141 minimums. I might be a little over on the Frasca because we all know how kewl that machine is. The best part though is that I'm actually under budget! (thanks to my instructor for being realistic/cool about the briefs) I guess that I can probably attribute that to the fact that I completed my PPL first and had some experience coming in (about 85 hrs).

Dave

Ahh the F-142. How I miss the humming of the engine and trying to do loops in the seminole. I was also under budget when I graduated last May. Majority of that do in part to a kicka$$ instructor and a crew partner. With a crew partner you split your brief time which saves quite a bit in the long run (about $1000). Dip your wing to VRB for me. I miss that cool little town. cya

[ QUOTE ]
How I miss the humming of the engine and trying to do loops in the seminole

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, it works much better if you put it in Cheyanne mode to do loops....
grin.gif

OK, really I just got sick of seeing "Website on PanAm" under the FlightSafety forum. BUT...

thanks, it was driving me nuts as well.

congrats on CIME. are you going straight to the CFI course?

Thanks, still got a few weeks to go. I'm going to take a few weeks off after I finish to go back to Chicago where I'll get my single-engine add and hang out and catch some Cubs games. I'm planning on starting CFI on June 2nd if all goes well.

Dave

Just to help out here, the estimates that FSI gives out to students are very accurate for the "average student". Take that as you may, but as long as you work and do what you need to those numbers are easily repeatable and it is possible to spend less. I am finishing up step 4A and am exactly $1400 under budget since the start. I came in with 0 hours and have gone through the whole program here. I went a little over on my private due to some extra flight time, but was well under in step 2 and 3. I have also been able to save a LOT in step 4A.

Make sure you are prepared to work though. The only way to save money is to work hard and come prepared to every flight and briefing. The briefs are where you will save the money. If you come in already knowing your stuff, there is very little your instructor will have to go over with you and you can spend much less time than is on the syllabus.

Good luck to everybody out there...and be safe.

I can also say that I am in 4b and right on budget! Maybe a bit under but I expect to even out in 4b. I can also thank my instructors for helping out on the briefs. To echo the others, the only way to stay on budget is to study and be prepared for every lesson. Repeating 2hr seminole flights is a sure way to put a dent in your budget.

Hey All,

This is all true. I myself came to FSI with 0 time, and finished the program under budget. Like they said, a lot of hard work, and a really cool instructor makes a HUGE difference.

[ QUOTE ]
What are you, a masochist?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought that I'd resurrect this thread to say...

GO CUBS!!!!

smile.gif

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Expos..

[/ QUOTE ]

Expos? The team of the people that say "I am not Canadian...je suis QUEBECOIS!"
smile.gif

How many people show up for those games at Olympic Stadium in Montreal?

I've actually been there for an Expos-Mets game...what a dump of a stadium and not the friendliest city in the world either.

[ QUOTE ]
not the friendliest city in the world either

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ. Of course I thought it was friendly becuase I was 19 years old with a pocket full of money stationed in upstate NY. We would go to the questionable sections of Montreal all the time to drink and whatever.

[ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ. Of course I thought it was friendly becuase I was 19 years old with a pocket full of money stationed in upstate NY. We would go to the questionable sections of Montreal all the time to drink and whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, I'd hate to ask what qualifies as "...whatever..."
smile.gif

I spent the last 20 minutes googling for a photo of the landlady from "Kingpin"....to no avail. SO imagine her pic below...

Back