Republic now 50% shareholder of Mokulele

Piperflyer

http://www.kitv.com/money/18971543/detail.html

Republic Becomes 50% Shareholder Of Mokulele Air
Republic Airways VP To Serve As Interim President, CEO

HONOLULU -- Republic Airways is becoming a 50 percent shareholder of the Hawaii-based Mokulele Airlines in a recapitalization deal that will install new management at the interisland carrier.

Thursday's announcement said Indianapolis-based Republic will convert a significant portion of its $8 million loan to Mokulele and invest additional equity.

Mokulele founder Bill Boyer, who has served as president and chief executive officer, said he was pleased the airline was able to recapitalize.

Republic Airways Vice President for Strategic Alliances Scott Durgin will serve as Mokulele's interim president and CEO, with Boyer concentrates on sales and marketing efforts.

Just last month, Mokulele managed to make a loan payment, staving off seizure of its assets and operations by Republic Airways Holdings Inc.

Now I wonder what that means for the current Mokulele pilots.

This business deal just makes no sense. One can only wonder why Republic would have any interest in this company at all.

This business deal just makes no sense. One can only wonder why Republic would have any interest in this company at all.

Provide the lift that was lost when Aloha went under?

That or give Velo a soapbox to stand on and show off his keyboard ninja skillz (with a "z"). Personally, I can't wait until he has keyboard bowstaff skillz. Or can draw a Liger. It's my favorite animal. :rolleyes:

Polar, you know I don't need anyone to "give" me a soapbox. I've got one I carry around all the time.

Will you still let me ride even though I don't carry an IBT membership card in my wallet? Cause the last guy did...

I just hope this new CBA has a good scope and a pay raise to put us where we should...:rolleyes:

I believe they decertified ALPA in favor of Teamsters, for some reason. Polar works for Polar, which has a separate seniority list to Atlas. If he worked for Atlas he'd be on the street.

I think the IBT had some weird claim that IBT was a "cargo pilot's" union and ALPA doesn't know what a "cargo pilot" needs/wants/etc.

I think the IBT had some weird claim that IBT was a "cargo pilot's" union and ALPA doesn't know what a "cargo pilot" needs/wants/etc.
Because I mean there are vast similarities between pilots and truckers, right? :sarcasm:

On a side note, if I were a Mokulele pilot right now I'd be pressing to get on the combined RAH seniority list, even if it's just being stapled to the bottom.

Because I mean there are vast similarities between pilots and truckers, right? :sarcasm:

On a side note, if I were a Mokulele pilot right now I'd be pressing to get on the combined RAH seniority list, even if it's just being stapled to the bottom.

That's not how it works at Mokulele. Mokulele is not really affiliated with Republic. Mokulele pilots cannot upgrade to the EMB170, just won't happen. I'm more and more glad every day that Mokulele didn't work out for me, because otherwise I'd be sweating bullets right now.

I believe they decertified ALPA in favor of Teamsters, for some reason. Polar works for Polar, which has a separate seniority list to Atlas. If he worked for Atlas he'd be on the street.

:yeahthat: Spira gets a beer for taking notes. :D

The former Atlas ALPA MEC Chairman became VP of the "Airline Division". The de-certification drive. The end result of the voting was along "party lines". The smaller airline got out voted. pprune has the history rehashed in an search in which you use the keyword "Atlas"

That's not how it works at Mokulele. Mokulele is not really affiliated with Republic. Mokulele pilots cannot upgrade to the EMB170, just won't happen. I'm more and more glad every day that Mokulele didn't work out for me, because otherwise I'd be sweating bullets right now.
I don't think it would be an overstatement to suggest that things are changing at Mokulele. But like I said, that's just what I'd push for.

Actually there is an agreement for upgrades to the E-170, but obviously they need to be hiring. But why someone want tocut their pay in half going from 208 PIC to E-170 FO?

Back