Republic now 50% shareholder of Mokulele

Actually there is an agreement for upgrades to the E-170, but obviously they need to be hiring. But why someone want tocut their pay in half going from 208 PIC to E-170 FO?
Well, potentially you'd have a lot more advancement potential as a E170 FO, if the company was upgrading in any reasonable amount of time.

My current career plan has me getting my ATP and getting into Caravans and/or Navajos ASAP for some early money, then making a semi-lateral move into a B1900 or something similar in a company that allows for a quick upgrade.

I do have to say though, some combination of Mokulele and RAH that allowed one to be dual qualified on the E170 and C208 and go back and forth between them on a regular basis would be a SWEET gig......

If Republic starts to run the company I don't think you will see the 208s there for too much longer. I don't think Bedford has any planes to run a couple Caravans around the islands any more than he is going to buy a company so they can keep 2 or 3 planes operating in Hawaii. Republic wants to wait around until Mokulele gets their flights on the travel websites (expedia/travelocity/etc...) and all these intra island code shares start in the next couple months. Also don't be suprised if we see Mokulele start codesharing with these airlines in places other than Hawaii if everything works out. Thats the only reason why I see Bedford wasting time and money on this little experiment.

Actually there is an agreement for upgrades to the E-170, but obviously they need to be hiring. But why someone want tocut their pay in half going from 208 PIC to E-170 FO?

Interesting. Still though, they did ask their people to take significant pay cuts a little while back. Are you flying for them now?

If Republic starts to run the company I don't think you will see the 208s there for too much longer. I don't think Bedford has any planes to run a couple Caravans around the islands any more than he is going to buy a company so they can keep 2 or 3 planes operating in Hawaii. Republic wants to wait around until Mokulele gets their flights on the travel websites (expedia/travelocity/etc...) and all these intra island code shares start in the next couple months. Also don't be suprised if we see Mokulele start codesharing with these airlines in places other than Hawaii if everything works out. Thats the only reason why I see Bedford wasting time and money on this little experiment.

So, he's basically using Mokulele as the vehicle for the free standing airline he's always wanted?

Well, potentially you'd have a lot more advancement potential as a E170 FO, if the company was upgrading in any reasonable amount of time.

My current career plan has me getting my ATP and getting into Caravans and/or Navajos ASAP for some early money, then making a semi-lateral move into a B1900 or something similar in a company that allows for a quick upgrade.

I do have to say though, some combination of Mokulele and RAH that allowed one to be dual qualified on the E170 and C208 and go back and forth between them on a regular basis would be a SWEET gig......

Don't trust any gig in the islands as far as you can throw it. When I went to Mokulele last year I was stoked. I was promised the world, a month later after only having two training flights and none of the promised back-pay, I left. This wasn't the first time I heard that story. One guy waited six weeks to get trained. That's fine if you're told you're not going to get trained for awhile. But when you hear "get out here as fast as you can," you expect the process to move wih a purpose. I understand island time, I just don't like being lied to.

There's no such thing as a quick upgrade, and I doubt any company would let you get dual qual'd on the jet and on the van and switch back and forth. It would screw with seniority. Side' why would you want to? The caravan's a lot more work than in the jet, and by the time you're dual qual'd chances are you'll have over 1000hrs van time anyway. You'll probably be ready for a change.

So, he's basically using Mokulele as the vehicle for the free standing airline he's always wanted?

This is just my opinion but I don't see why they would be throwing all this money into a Hawaiian operation for only 2 or 3 planes. There has to be more and with the foreign codeshares starting I could see it spreading to the mainland and RAH codesharing instead of providing contract life.

So yes I believe so.

This is just my opinion but I don't see why they would be throwing all this money into a Hawaiian operation for only 2 or 3 planes. There has to be more and with the foreign codeshares starting I could see it spreading to the mainland and RAH codesharing instead of providing contract life.

So yes I believe so.

I'm glad people are getting dialed in on what BB is doing. Buying up all the independent niche carriers.

Remember where it's headed when you vote on the TA. Email your negotiators what you want!!

Make sure you're in good standing, since the IBT won't let you know.

Remember where it's headed when you vote on the TA. Email your negotiators what you want!!

I'd suggest tying something in with the scope of the airline. That way, if you stay a contract lift provider, you don't get dumped b/c you're making mainline wages (much as I'd LOVE to see mainline wages at the regionals, they'd all have to come up at once or a little at a time). If BB takes the company in a different way, he's forced to pay his pilots what they SHOULD be making.

I'd suggest tying something in with the scope of the airline. That way, if you stay a contract lift provider, you don't get dumped b/c you're making mainline wages (much as I'd LOVE to see mainline wages at the regionals, they'd all have to come up at once or a little at a time). If BB takes the company in a different way, he's forced to pay his pilots what they SHOULD be making.

Already in the CBA. Holding company is tied to the CBA/Seniority list

Don't trust any gig in the islands as far as you can throw it. When I went to Mokulele last year I was stoked. I was promised the world, a month later after only having two training flights and none of the promised back-pay, I left. This wasn't the first time I heard that story. One guy waited six weeks to get trained. That's fine if you're told you're not going to get trained for awhile. But when you hear "get out here as fast as you can," you expect the process to move wih a purpose. I understand island time, I just don't like being lied to.

There's no such thing as a quick upgrade, and I doubt any company would let you get dual qual'd on the jet and on the van and switch back and forth. It would screw with seniority. Side' why would you want to? The caravan's a lot more work than in the jet, and by the time you're dual qual'd chances are you'll have over 1000hrs van time anyway. You'll probably be ready for a change.

WHOA that was Mokulele? I remember when you were upset about that...

Interesting. Still though, they did ask their people to take significant pay cuts a little while back. Are you flying for them now?

Yes I am flying for them now. We have not taken any pay cuts (think that was Pacific Wings), it's still 41K for PICs.
I have decided until we are 100% owned, there really is nothing to worry about. I operated my legs yesterday at 99% capacity. Its been like that for a while.

As far as advancing careers through being an FO on an RJ after the 208, Im not too sure about that. I think the C208 to Beech1900 is a better idea. I have been an RJ FO before, and I don't want to go back.

Just copy and paste Mesa's scope language and tell the negotiators we want that or better. It's the one of the few things we have thats good.

Of course you never know, I thought TSA's scope language was strong enough to prevent the foundation of GoJets. I also thought that TSA's single carrier petition would be a slam dunk but I guess the fact that GoJets has a different website makes all the difference!!

I know this is not quite on topic, but what does an FO make for Mokulele? And are they hiring low time? I know this is not the right time for them, but 6 months down the road, who knows? The mirage of a life in the islands is quite strong...

I saw an ad on Climbto350 for FOs. The pay is 1200/mo after tax I think. You will be flying about 100 hours a month.

WHOA that was Mokulele? I remember when you were upset about that...

Yep, that was me. Now I was cocky as hell when I showed up (probably not unjustafiably, but still uncalled for, I've learned) and had a bad attitude after the first couple of weeks, but I'm still a little sore about it. I wanted to work there so bad. It was going to be such a cool job, and instead I ran out of money paying $750/month to keep me off the street. I'd still go to work there if I figured I could trust them, I'm not so sure now. When I told them that I needed to get online soon so I can get paid, they said, "Well, you can wash airplanes for some extra cash, or you can take a loan out from the owner." That was when I made my dicision to leave.

That being said Trevor and Jesse both seemed like great guys and all (they were working on getting their checkairman stuff done when I was showing up), it just didn't work out. Good learning experience, and I've become a bit more humble, but still, it sucked all around.

Thanks, man. It's amazing how one string of words (like "the parent of the company and subsidiaries of the company or parent") can make a HUGE difference. Pinnacle claims our contract isn't binding on Corp for some reason. If we had those words in our contract, there's no way they could say that.

Yeah, my bud, who was on the MEC at the time said the company thought they would buy 49% of PCL to circumvent it.

1.D.3 is a good read

The lawyers said it'd still fall under the scope. Because there is alot more to it than that. It talks about control of an airline (Mokulelelkiekeisiy seems to fall under that, as does Midwest, and prolly F9, once the debt service is converted, or if the IBT had lawyers worth their carbon footprint)

Back