Repercussions of Diciplinary Letter PRIA

AOPA insurance is like most other insurance in that it is event driven. If you were not enrolled (paying a premium) on the day before the event occurred that caused the discipline or other action then the insurance company has no duty to cover you for any losses.
One thing to remember also is the important benefit of having your legal bills paid by the insurance company.
I have been an AOPA regional attorney for several years and I can say without question that they will bend over backwards to cover one of their members if they possibly can. However, if you were not a member on the day of the occurrence then you are out of luck.

AOPA insurance is like most other insurance in that it is event driven. If you were not enrolled (paying a premium) on the day before the event occurred that caused the discipline or other action then the insurance company has no duty to cover you for any losses.
One thing to remember also is the important benefit of having your legal bills paid by the insurance company.
I have been an AOPA regional attorney for several years and I can say without question that they will bend over backwards to cover one of their members if they possibly can. However, if you were not a member on the day of the occurrence then you are out of luck.
They should sign up for AOPA anyway. Great organization IMHO.

If you have a fireplace they're nice enough to send you and endless supply of free kindling.

But to be serious, canceling your membership and then being in a position where you think you may need it is a bad, bad feeling.

If you have a fireplace they're nice enough to send you and endless supply of free kindling.

But to be serious, canceling your membership and then being in a position where you think you may need it is a bad, bad feeling.

The only reason I have it is for the aircraft insurance, which is so deeply discounted that it pays for the membership several times over. But I don't pay for the legal services plan. After I looked at what it covers, it was pretty clear that it wasn't worthwhile. On the off chance that I need an aviation attorney someday, I'll just pay for one.

The only reason I have it is for the aircraft insurance, which is so deeply discounted that it pays for the membership several times over. But I don't pay for the legal services plan. After I looked at what it covers, it was pretty clear that it wasn't worthwhile. On the off chance that I need an aviation attorney someday, I'll just pay for one.
Eh, you can probably afford one a lot easier than I could though.

No advice here to give. But what about safety, like in OSHA or whistle blower. You reported it, did the right thing, filled out an ASAP, then they hold over your head termination if you don't sign something , I think even if its at will the threat of being fired for reporting a safety violation is a violation of the law.

I thought insurance companies can no longer discriminate due to pre-existing conditions.

Back