Repeal Age 65

O.A., you're doing a nice job of speaking for me. How about I buy you one?

Next time you are in ATL or I am into GRR, it's a deal.

Used to go into GRR when I was with the airline and on the 727. Didn't AmWay have a 727 there? We stayed in the nice downtown hotel with the restaurant/bar on the top floor where you could see the city. Fun times in GRR.

True story.. we go to the hotel one evening and we have two young FAs with us. They are ready to party and we hit the hotel bar for a few drinks. Time passes and they want to head off to another bar in the hotel, the big one where they had stage. We walk in and the hotel guy says, "You two are back???" I should have known. Within about :45 min, they are on stage with the singer, backing him up and having a good time! Before they got ousted, my F/E was able to coax them off the stage as he had found a really great wedding party going on in another area. He said he just told everyone he was a friend of the groom and everyone was satisfied with that. A few glasses of champagne and I called it a night. The FAs showed up the next day looking a bit worse for wear. Hadn't thought about that layover in a LONG time.. being an OF and all that.

What are you doing in GRR?

Next time you are in ATL or I am into GRR, it's a deal.

Used to go into GRR when I was with the airline and on the 727. Didn't AmWay have a 727 there? We stayed in the nice downtown hotel with the restaurant/bar on the top floor where you could see the city. Fun times in GRR.

Yeah, Amway used to have a 727. My dad was president of the GR Chamber of Commerce back in the '70s and '80s and my folks would get to hitch a ride on it going to the National Chamber meeting in DC once a year. Always a highlight for them. The downtown hotel is probably the Grand Plaza. Nice place. The restaurant called '1913 Room' is the only AAA 5 Diamond restaurant in Michigan.

True story.. we go to the hotel one evening and we have two young FAs with us. They are ready to party and we hit the hotel bar for a few drinks. Time passes and they want to head off to another bar in the hotel, the big one where they had stage. We walk in and the hotel guy says, "You two are back???" I should have known. Within about :45 min, they are on stage with the singer, backing him up and having a good time! Before they got ousted, my F/E was able to coax them off the stage as he had found a really great wedding party going on in another area. He said he just told everyone he was a friend of the groom and everyone was satisfied with that. A few glasses of champagne and I called it a night. The FAs showed up the next day looking a bit worse for wear. Hadn't thought about that layover in a LONG time.. being an OF and all that.
The dowstairs bar used to be called Tootsie VanKelly's. Great old honky-tonk. It's gone now, replaced with...something else (haven't been back since).

What are you doing in GRR?

Second career flying small biz jets. Citations and Lears. Having a blast, and they're even paying me! Officially an OF too. :D

It was the Grand Plaza. It was Tootsie's that they got kicked out of. And it was the 1913 Room. Thanks.

And same for me. Now flying a Citation II and occasionally a CJ out of the same airfield I flew and instructed in Citations in the mid-70s. Sort of the great mandala, I guess...but this time, the guys I work for are such nice guys. And the Chief Pilot never raises his voice, seems to never get excited.

"I think it is disgusting to use pilots over the age of 60 as a scapegoat for a down-turn in the airline industry. There are many things wrong with the current system thats in place in the United States. Pilots flying over age 60 isn't one of them."

Well said. If the airline business was in better shape this would not be an issue. Referring to over 60 pilots as "geezers" is downright disrespectful. Many of these "geezers" sacrificed just as much as anyone else and alot of them are veterans, shame on you. Maybe you should actually learn something from professionals that are more experienced. If you don't you do yourself and your profession a disservice. Blame the economy, management, or someone else for you misfortune

Back