Regional Airline Pilot Schedules

AaronPilot4life

Greetings!

Just looking for some information regarding average time away from home as a Regional Airline Pilot. I noticed most airlines guarantee 75 hours of flight time per month. Are there usually alot of layovers as a Regional Airline Pilot? I've heard a few quotes basically saying work long hours, pay is low but do alot of flying. Just looking for some insight ...

Fly Safe!

Aaron~

From my experience at a regional. My Avg Schedule is 5 on 2 off. All 4 nights are away from my home and I'm flying 100 hours a month.

Heck, I had some 10 day off months at Skykway!
But all of those weren't overnights though.

Over the last few months my days off have been 14, 15, 18, 16, 13, 17. I went for two months without overniting. Avg 80Hours of flying a month.

Not sure how many airlines offer this, but I increase my at-home time by bidding standup overnight flying. Basically, we do the last flight of the night from the hub to an outstation, have anywhere from 3 hours to 8 hours of a turn, then fly back to the hub as the first flight in the morning. Basically, you're home all day every day.

[ QUOTE ]
I went for two months without overniting.

[/ QUOTE ]Guess that's OK for you since you live in base ... but for a commuter like me it would SUCK!

BTW, I'm now a third of the way up the list in CMH ... 24 underneath me here, about 130 under me in the company, and I should have a GOOD (13-14 days off!) line for September. You couldn't drag me down to SDF if my life depended on it ...

(end thread hijack)

In July, I worked Thursday through Sunday and had Monday through Wednesday off each week. August is a little more screwy ... a lot of four on, two off, two on, two off, five on, three off, five on sort of stuff. Overall, 19 days on and 12 off for the month. And that's the worst line I've had. I spent two weeks on reserve ... so I'm doing better than the average new-hire! Your results WILL vary ...

I'd be on reserve in SDF ... I have 24 people under me in CMH. Any questions?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

September for my base

# of lines 50
Highest Lowest Average
Credit hours 95 80 84
Block hours 94 28 77
TAFB 351 154
Days off 16 10 13

Back