Red Bull Stratos Jump

This announcer has had one too many red bulls. He is somewhat annoying with screwing up facts and information. I loved the one where he said specific time, instead of Pacific. Also I didn't know it was
- 68 celcius at 60k/ft lol.

Sent from my Android mobile device.

This announcer has had one too many red bulls. He is somewhat annoying with screwing up facts and information. I loved the one where he said specific time, instead of Pacific. Also I didn't know it was
- 68 celcius at 60k/ft lol.

Sent from my Android mobile device.

Luckily, for the millions of laypeople watching, they have no clue what's really going on...

Some of the views from this accent are pretty incredible... Wonder if they'll be able to live stream the shots from the suit on the way down. I'm guessing not, but will be something to look forward to in the next couple days.

I'll give him a pass, he sounds like an old mad dawg that's been-there-done-that.

Starbucks Stratosphere.

Did anyone catch the commentary earlier about the Air Force pilot that ejected from 100k+ feet? I just caught the tail end of it.

Edit:
Highest bailout to date On August 16, 1960:

102,000 feet - Captain Joseph Kittinger bailed out of a baloon wearing a MC-3 partial pressure suit and heated socks and gloves along with a parka for an experimental project (Project Excelsior) to see the physiological effects of extreme high altitude air/space craft egress. His first attempt was nearly fatal due to the rapid spin he developed during his three minute freefall. His chute had prematurely deployed and wrapped around his neck. He found himself close to blacking out from the g-forces generated by the centripital force of his spin. Amazingly enough, when it was determined that more information was required, he volunteered to do it again! His later jumps were much more stable, and with a functioning 6 foot drogue, he achieved a terminal velocity of 702 MPH! He is still the holder of several world records, including longest (4.5 minutes) and highest freefall (81,000 feet) as well as highest bailout.

Curious what the face shield heat being broke is going to do... If it's anything like that AF pilot that had to bail with an iced over helmet, could be a bad day.

Over 5 million viewers.

Can't imagine what he was thinking about while they discussed cancelling the jump... Glad they're going on.

That camera view looking down onto the exterior step is incredible! I could never do something like that.

Looks like short of the free fall record... Wondering if it was due to the visor fog? Maybe popped the chute early cause he couldn't see.

However, overall, an AMAZING experience!

Back