Recognize this man?

Hey, let's stick to bashing Lorenzo!

:D

Anybody gonna photoshop a bulls-eye on his face for me?

And make a matching one of Ichann too. And Crandall. And Carty & Mullen too just for grins :D

Amber honey, I like your style.

Seriously now. I've been reading exactly what Lorenzo put the Continental pilots through in the '80s in Flying The Line Vol II.

Frank Lorenzo's actions drove pilots to suicide during the CAL strike in the 80s.

The man deserve to be put to a slow painful end over a period of several years.

And make a matching one of Ichann too. And Crandall. And Carty & Mullen too just for grins :D

Your wish is my command.

frankfixed.jpg

You might not like Crandall and he might not like me but the man knows how to make money and run a business.

You might not like Crandall and he might not like me but the man knows how to make money and run a business.

His legacy at AA is that of massive employee hatred, and the beginnings of the massive exodus of the outsourcing of flying to lower paid cheaper regional operations.

I would rather look at Herb Kelleher and SWA as a model of how to make money and run a business. Goodwill & cooperation amongst employees, and without outsourcing of flying.

Frank Lorenzo was truly the father of the modern, post deregulation airline business.

He brought many exciting and purposeful innovations, but mostly he is a hero for identifying the primary "fat" to cut in an airline - employee wages, particularly greedy, highly paid pilots.

Prior to Lorenzo, pilots were underworked, over-paid, and this greed was crippling airlines. Lorenzo, in his ultimate wisdom was able to identify, cut this horrific waste out, and by standing up to the unions was able to save Continental Airlines. He did not save CAL by himself - the brave pilots that crossed the picket lines were invaluable and are still a proud force today! Unfortunately, not enough pilots were brave enough to stop the demise of EAL after the greedy mechanics struck and the pilots did along with them. This is too bad because Lorenzo could have saved them as well!

The airline industry owes Frank Lorenzo a debt of gratitude. By gutting the greedy pilot, FA and mechanic contracts he was able to get costs under control for the consumer!

Thanks for reading,

Bob

Al-Sahaf_alsahaf.jpg

His legacy at AA is that of massive employee hatred, and the beginnings of the massive exodus of the outsourcing of flying to lower paid cheaper regional operations.

I would rather look at Herb Kelleher and SWA as a model of how to make money and run a business. Goodwill & cooperation amongst employees, and without outsourcing of flying.

I would take Kelleher or Bethune over Crandall any day.

I hope it continues for SWA. What worries me is what if they lose their fuel cost advantage?

Back