Recognize this man?

I recognize him.

One of his lieutenants "resigned" from my company.

Another one runs MESA.

I have no idea who is one that works at RAH, then again, I haven't been there in over a year.

The other part of our growing, profitable operation is a sub-contract lift provider, and we're definately not a regional. Then again, there are some well-paid sub-contract lift providers out there. What do I know?

Hey, let's stick to bashing Lorenzo!

:D

Anybody gonna photoshop a bulls-eye on his face for me?

And make a matching one of Ichann too. And Crandall. And Carty & Mullen too just for grins :D

So you're comparing your company to World Airways?

bahaha. . .you're really cracking me up now.

But sure, how about that. . .sure I'm comparing my company to World Airways. We don't fly across the pond and drop troops off in combat zones, but we do bid on contracts from Legacy and Major companies, and we do offer charter services, etc.

But clearly no answer that I provide would make you satisfied. :)

We're a regional, who is a sub-contractor for a Legacy company, that provides lift of humans from point A to B, and back to A or C.

So, is he dead or what? I want to know whether or not I can drink this bottle of champagne I've been saving for the occasion. I got one for JO too.

No, he isn't dead.

PGT had a revelation in one of his recent college classes, the subject of Lorenzo was brought up, and I believe this thread is a bit of his edu-tainment for JC this evening.

Hey, let's stick to bashing Lorenzo!

:D

Anybody gonna photoshop a bulls-eye on his face for me?

And make a matching one of Ichann too. And Crandall. And Carty & Mullen too just for grins :D

I was never a student of airlines at any level (121/135 whatever) as that was not my deal. When I got submerged years ago, I learned up on alot. It took me far more than 12 mos to even be able to provide "insight" or "commentary" on the business side. Maybe I'm just slow. Maybe I just spent more time learning my job. I don't know.

I read that ol' Carl's new moniker is "share holder activist". I have no idea what type of wallstreet/hippie hybrid that is, but the PR person that dreamt that up should get some raise. Someone who stole so much that the last, what 2 years or so, the only thing that kept TWA from posting a profit was the money he was "owed" by them.

You may as well throw Wolf/Gangwal, Tilton, what ever putz preceeded Tilton, and numerous other "Oh, some new dumbass gave me some phat billz, let me recycle my failed plan and see if it works now......Ooops, nevermind, I'm broke" types too....

Interesting, well I'm happy your deductive reasoning skills are sharp. Too bad I didn't name you, or anyone for that matter.
Not as sharp as your wit.

But since you mentioned it, having your wages stripped, benefits eroded, and QOL depressed really has nothing to do specifically with being at a regional (I prefer sub-contract lift provider. . .but that's mere semantics) or even being at a "regional" that is or is not represented by a collective bargaining agent ("union").

As usual, you're absolutely right.

I was never a student of airlines at any level (121/135 whatever) as that was not my deal. When I got submerged years ago, I learned up on alot. It took me far more than 12 mos to even be able to provide "insight" or "commentary" on the business side. Maybe I'm just slow. Maybe I just spent more time learning my job. I don't know.

Commercial aviation history has been something of a "hobby study" of mine. Just reading up on old books I'd find at the used bookstore at the MKE airport or at OSH.....

btw the "Father of Continental" title should go to Bob Six. Lorenzo's name is, of course, tied to Continental too, but Six was to CO what C.R. was to AA.

Back