Ramp Check

The one thing that would peg my power trip meter is if an Inspector, who is not the POI for my company, said they were going to contact my company and not my POI. I know that sounds bitter of me, but I look at it like professional courtesy. Not pro courtesy to me, but to my POI. The POI is responsible and should know first, IMO, not the company. Most Inspectors follow that philosophy and don't get into this little nosy power trip. Yes, they can come out and look around and they are encouraged to, but what they do when they find a "discrepancy" is a controlled process. Just blowing off and calling the company directly is a good way to piss the POI off, unless it's an innocent inquiry to gain knowledge, in which it wouldn't be a bad idea to call the POI, anyway.

So, if some Inspector comes up to you and gives you this "I'm gonna let you off with a warning, but I'm calling your father", they are full of it. They can call the company all they want. If it turns out to be an issue, the company will fix it and you POI will call said Inspector and say "Hey thanks, JERK. Thanks for keeping me in the loop on this!"

I agree. Especially since the POI is so involved in what goes into and out of the operation manual. The check and balance is already in place.

Trust me what I say.

If it's something bad, the inspector will call your POI.

LMFAO

Sure they do. :banghead::banghead:

"How much you got for me tonight?"

"uh...I dunno"

"*sigh* Just put it on the scale..."

-mini

Um.....Actually, that wasn't a joke. They do show up with it weighed....:confused:

edit: At least all the couriers on my route had it weighed.

Um.....Actually, that wasn't a joke. They do show up with it weighed....:confused:

edit: At least all the couriers on my route had it weighed.
As I floated, it was rather hit and miss for me. On several of the bank (only...POD) routes it was weighed, on some of the routes with those "red boxes" (the ones that seemed to get off in RST a lot...I think they were blood?), they were. Other times. Good luck.

I got much use out of that scale... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

-mini

As I floated, it was rather hit and miss for me. On several of the bank (only...POD) routes it was weighed, on some of the routes with those "red boxes" (the ones that seemed to get off in RST a lot...I think they were blood?), they were. Other times. Good luck.

I got much use out of that scale... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

-mini

:yup: I never had to once touch the scale:D

I always loved when I'd see a scheduled 10 minute turn and the courier(s) would show up 10 minutes late with no weights. ...then Dx would want to know why I left 20 minutes late.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

-mini

I always loved when I'd see a scheduled 10 minute turn and the courier(s) would show up 10 minutes late with no weights. ...then Dx would want to know why I left 20 minutes late.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

-mini

Yeah :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Couriers BS weights more than middle-aged women.
No kidding.

"Hey man, how much do these bags weigh?"

"25 pounds each."

"really... because this bag is stuffed full and this other one is nearly empty..."

"well, they AVERAGE out to 25lbs a bag." :crazy:

No kidding.

"Hey man, how much do these bags weigh?"

"25 pounds each."

"really... because this bag is stuffed full and this other one is nearly empty..."

"well, they AVERAGE out to 25lbs a bag." :crazy:

I know what you mean...

I had a courier on my route that would pull up, unload the crates, count them, get the paperwork that went with the load, write down the amount of boxes and a weight. I honestly think the weight was his "best guess" because it didn't always match up with what I had after weighing.

Then their are the couriers that you ask for the paperwork and they stand there looking at you like you are some sort of idiot. :banghead:

We only have one run where the bags are weighed for us, and that run is for UPS. All of our other runs are for banks, and nobody weighs the bags for us.

I know what you mean...

I had a courier on my route that would pull up, unload the crates, count them, get the paperwork that went with the load, write down the amount of boxes and a weight. I honestly think the weight was his "best guess" because it didn't always match up with what I had after weighing.

Then their are the couriers that you ask for the paperwork and they stand there looking at you like you are some sort of idiot. :banghead:

At my old job:

"Hey, what's our takeoff weight?"

"uhhhh...17710 for max ramp, and 17600 for takeoff."

"How is it that we've been at max gross every flight for the last week?"

"We're efficient."

"Riiiiiiigght."

We take an extra 500' to rotate. I hated that stuff.

As far as the scale calibration goes the FLX GOM says that for is its considerd calibrated by placing 3 quarts of oil on it and it should read 6 pounds. Now while this may approved for us it may not be for your company. Best to consult your GOM

I got ramped at 0520 this morning 2 guys were already looking over every crack of the plane I was going to take. So I joked with them and asked if there was anythign I should be concerend with and all they asked for was to see my Pilots license medical GOM and hazmat and they were really friendly and made it a verry positive experience guess it just depends on who you get.

As far as the scale calibration goes the FLX GOM says that for is its considerd calibrated by placing 3 quarts of oil on it and it should read 6 pounds. Now while this may approved for us it may not be for your company. Best to consult your GOM

I got ramped at 0520 this morning 2 guys were already looking over every crack of the plane I was going to take. So I joked with them and asked if there was anythign I should be concerend with and all they asked for was to see my Pilots license medical GOM and hazmat and they were really friendly and made it a verry positive experience guess it just depends on who you get.

where were you? if you don't mind me asking.

where were you? if you don't mind me asking.

Dunno where he was, but I think you said you were flying 702/714. If so, I'll give you dollars to donuts that if you get ramped it will be in SGF. Although I think I got ramped once at CPS, but they were pretty clearly laying in wait for St. Charles and I just got looked at cause they had nothing better to do while they waited.

Dunno where he was, but I think you said you were flying 702/714. If so, I'll give you dollars to donuts that if you get ramped it will be in SGF. Although I think I got ramped once at CPS, but they were pretty clearly laying in wait for St. Charles and I just got looked at cause they had nothing better to do while they waited.
Ah the days of charters are gone and no upup doesnt fly either of those, he is more likely getting ramped in LIT. I cannot wait to go out an buy my new scale. My old one is about to break I think...I need to get a new one this weekend.

Been doin 717. Which is a pretty fun one. Waiting for St. Charles huh? Any particular reason why? Or just they were due for one.

Ah the days of charters are gone and no upup doesnt fly either of those, he is more likely getting ramped in LIT. I cannot wait to go out an buy my new scale. My old one is about to break I think...I need to get a new one this weekend.

The FSDO in LIT is on the field or so I'm told. I'd say I see em walking around here twice a month. Been lucky so far.

Back