Questions about the Academy???

JT ATC

PM me or ask here. I"ll answer them as best as I can. I'm working night shift, so most of my answers will be after midnight or between noon and 2:30 pm. I'll answer any and all questions, just be patient.

I'm EnRoute, but I will try to answer any TRACON (I'm approach rated in the Air National Guard) or Tower questions. I know some non-enroute people.

I have a lot of free time, so I figured I'd help you guys out as much as I can.

Other people in OKC right now, feel free to chime in on questions as well. :nana2:

Where did you end up staying? Any advice on making that decision?

Am I the only one that reads every single post on here? (I know, too much free time).

I'm gonna go to Student Services and Finance Dept tomorrow (time to file my voucher) and get a CLEAR explanation for what is going on. I had a week and half notice for my class date, and I don't stay in FAA housing (found a place on Craigslist and freaking love it). If I find that the place I stay is OK, then I will HIGHLY recommend it. $37/day big studio, 32" LCD TV, wireless internet, don't have to pay A DIME until first voucher check comes it, landlord is super nice, maid service, and 10 blocks north of Bricktown (BIG time party place downtown). I can go get hammered on the weekends if I feel like it and pay $3 for a cab. I"ve been to a few other places visiting friends and I would take my place over any of them. Once I get more details tomorrow, i'll start giving specifics on this place.

Ha! That still doesnt tell us where your GOING....JT -

But seriously, thanks for not forgetting about us on JC -

Ok, the name of the place is Heritage Guest House. The landlords name is Dwayne, his number is 405-413-6077. He is a great guy. At this time he does NOT take credit cards.

Ok, the name of the place is Heritage Guest House. The landlords name is Dwayne, his number is 405-413-6077. He is a great guy. At this time he does NOT take credit cards.

Make sure he is aware that he WILL NOT be taking credit cards for quite some time to come! ;)

I'm also an "enroute soon to be OKC" trainee. Which airspace map are you guys studying? I was told a while back that it was Memphis center, is that still true?

I'm also an "enroute soon to be OKC" trainee. Which airspace map are you guys studying? I was told a while back that it was Memphis center, is that still true?

hey, my friend is a trainee at ZNY now and she gave me a copy of her OKC En Route Map. i posted it in a thread...click the link below and you can download it. (also, in the 3rd post on that thread is a blank copy of it as well.) if you have any questions let me know...

http://forums.jetcareers.com/applic...refs-annoucements/75611-okc-en-route-map.html

I have so many questions, I don't know where to start.

First: What is the weather been like?

Second (and definitely most importantly): What is Basic like? Are tests daily/weekly? Do you have an aviation history? Have you found basic to be easy or hard? How much time are you spending studying outside of class?

:) That's the most important one :)

Ok, I guess I should note that I posted all my serious questions after question 1...

My thought was that you would not necessarily be at the academy during the same time of year, so the weather while he is there is not indicative of what the weather will be like while you are there.

P.S. The weather where I am at right now is unseasonably warm...of course that is probably why Southern California is burning down.

Unseasonally weird here in Utah too. Snowed and ski resorts opened almost record early (2nd earliest opening in history) then today you walk outside and the grass is greener than ever, trees still have GREEN leaves on them, the sun is shining and it is a rather comfortable, nice day outside. Dang it all, I need a blizzard before we leave and I don't get to enjoy good snow this year :( I need to take my kids sledding!

We will be there part of the time he is there...at least I think we will be. We have to be in OKC on Dec. 29th for my husband.

hey, my friend is a trainee at ZNY now and she gave me a copy of her OKC En Route Map. i posted it in a thread...click the link below and you can download it. (also, in the 3rd post on that thread is a blank copy of it as well.) if you have any questions let me know...

http://forums.jetcareers.com/applic...refs-annoucements/75611-okc-en-route-map.html

Thanks bippoptl!!! It's the same exact map as what I studied in the CTI program. It's not too bad,just have to put alot of time into it.

I'm currently out here in OKC too, but I'm a terminal option so I'll be more than happy to answer any questions that you have about basics or Terminal Training part 2.

In case this wasn't answered:

I have so many questions, I don't know where to start.

First: What is the weather been like? Yucky! :panic:

Second (and definitely most importantly): What is Basic like? Snoozefest if you have prior aviation experience ie pilot or any knowledge of the 7110.65 Are tests daily/weekly? The tests come after every lesson, but they don't count. You have tests after every "block" which is usually comprised of about 5 lesson plans that can vary between 30 to 70 pages each (Note: read and study EVERYTHING I'm not permitted to give you questions, but some of the questions are so trivial you kinda just sit there for a minute with your mouth hanging open and want to kill yourself Do you have an aviation history? Yeah I have an aviation background, I fly and my dad's wanted me to do this since he took me to ZBW at 6 years old (if you're new to the forum ATLTracon is my dad) I went to CTI school for a year and completed 48 aviation credits in my 2 semesters there and read the 7110.65 religiously cause I'm a dork Have you found basic to be easy or hard? Basics as I said was a snorefest for me, but it really depends on your ability to absorb things easily and your aptitude for this sort of thing (we had one girl who studied her ass off and failed every block test and probably the final (didn't get confirmation on that one) Btw, she's still here too. I hope that helps the public's confidence in aviation and the safety of air travel) How much time are you spending studying outside of class? I don't study at all outside of class except to look up the occasional thing in the 7110.65, but if you're looking for a typical student a group of people from my class get together all the time to practice phraseology, it hasn't helped them much, but i digress.

And those are my two cents :panic:

Back