Questions about the Academy???

Well since my husband has been raised in aviation and is currently a ppl..sounds like it might be a snoozefest for him to. That is a good thing, cause it will be more like a job than school so we will get him at nights, at least until basic is over. He has already started studying the map stuff. He is taking aviation college courses while there too. We picked classes that will be close to his studies there but he won't get behind in school and can study for both at the same time. We are planning on him studying everyday, but it sounds like the first bit in basic will be easy and he can maybe even finish his classes for the most part. Thanks for all the answers!

I fly and my dad's wanted me to do this since he took me to ZBW at 6 years old (if you're new to the forum ATLTracon is my dad)

Wow, your dad sounds like a great guy taking you to work with him.

I fly and my dad's wanted me to do this since he took me to ZBW at 6 years old (if you're new to the forum ATLTracon is my dad)

Wow, your dad sounds like a great guy taking you to work with him.

I would agree. He sounds like a great guy and VERY humble too!:D

I just finished w/ OKC basics and enroute training 04NOV08. Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have about training and living in OKC.

What the classroom furniture like?

Is it old / dirty / falling apart or is it clean / shiny / new?

For the most part it was good furniture. If I recall correctly, my basics class was in building #14. The classrooms in this building seemed to be more kept as far as cleaning goes. They just had some new black chairs arrive in all of the classrooms that I thought were pretty comfortable. The do need some WD-40 however.

The furniture in the Staford Building is also good. The setup is real accommodating. The presentation that appears at the front of the room on the big screen is also displayed on a CPU monitor right in front of you at your own desk. However, the desks seemed to be sort of dirty. I did put this down on my critique so maybe they are addressing this issue. The radar lab was just like a real control floor. The radar lab was always pretty clean.

Back