Question to former students

I will say that I had asked for the contract 2 weeks before I was to start and was told that they could not fax me a copy and I would have to visit the school again to see it. It took a week to get it (I was told the "lawyers" don't want it sent out). The hassle of getting the contract was a big factor for me not attending Pan Am, I really don't know what the big deal was.

[ QUOTE ]
Forget the 500. I'd like the 2000 dollars they stole from me and then labeled it a penalty fee for not completing the whole 80000 dollar program at Pan Am.

[/ QUOTE ]

$80,000 Program??? That amount inlcudes your living expenses that is given directly to you above and beyond your tuition requirements. As far as the "fine print"...contracts are gone over line by line at enrollment in a group setting. After that PRIOR to signing the contract, you are taken individually into a private setting with a staff memeber so that you may ask any financial questions you elected not to discuss in a group setting as it pertains to YOUR contract. What part is Pan Am hiding in the "fine print"???

Congrats to Turk...I admire your accomplishments and attitude. Your posts on here have been informative but most of all truthful. I wish all the students were like you. Again, Congrats for a job well done.

"$80,000 Program??? That amount inlcudes your living expenses that is given directly to you above and beyond your tuition requirements. As far as the "fine print"...contracts are gone over line by line at enrollment in a group setting. After that PRIOR to signing the contract, you are taken individually into a private setting with a staff memeber so that you may ask any financial questions you elected not to discuss in a group setting as it pertains to YOUR contract. What part is Pan Am hiding in the "fine print"??? "

[/i] Negative. I was never shown the contract, just asked to sign along with a group of other students so we could hurry up and go out to the airplanes. We didn't even know what hit us. Like I said, my experience with Pan Am taught me about deceitful business practices and now I always read the fine print.

even though that extra money is for living expenses, it wouldn't even be necessary if there was a chance to have a part-time job. of course there's pro's and con's associated with that whole topic, but the main point is that if you take out $80,000 or $100,00 then you have to pay back that 80,000/100,000 plus interest. all in all that whole ammount is the cost of attending whatever flight school you go to (not just Panam). so don't act like its only going to cost a student the specified tuition cost stated by XYZ school/academy. whatever you spend OVERALL is what it costs you, and that is what you'll have to repay in the end.

this isn't trying to attack panam, its just a universal economic pricipal that potential students to any school need to understand.

Yeah. What I found out is that a lot of the younger students didn't understand the loan process. If you take out a loan for 80,000 dollars it doesn't mean you owe 80,000 dollars. It means you will owe 150,000 dollars or more.

You guys knew I wouldn't shut up forever!!! FPRHappy....thanks so much for the very kind words. People don't realize how much just saying something kind helps out others. Serious, much appreciated!!! I enjoyed my job there. Actually, I loved it. That's not often heard. It's still too bad all the b.s. is taking place - it would be so much easier, nicer, is PA wasn't playing whatever games it is they are playing and obviously always have. I didn't notice their "sad" faces that Friday. As I have said before I am not a cooperate player, never claimed to be and that is why I don't trust those that really are. I really liked even most of the cooperate there, I don't agree with the way they feel they have to go about business. It seems to me they are back stabbers, liars, they have no hearts, they really don't care about the people, they care about the bottom line and the profit....I am so sorry if this sounds callous and cold....it's just the way I feel.
OK AS FOR MAVMB1....sweetheart, you do not have a leg to stand on!!! Like everyone has said, you don't just put your signature on something without reading it!!! And - hello - if you were having problems with them before even signing something, why in the world if there were warning lights going off did you continue????? Sorry darling, this is one case you cannot blame on pan am!!!!
Turk, I guess congrats are in order....haven't read your post yet, but way to go!!!!!

Nothing happened at Pan Am before I signed the contract. You can't start until you sign the contract.

And your argument would never hold in court. You are saying that since I signed the contract it is entirely my fault. Law doesn't work like that. Crimes are not protected just because you sign a contract. And I wasn't the only one suckered into signing the contract; the tricky way they do it, you have to sign the contract to be a student, and there are students at Pan Am -- so good try trying to single me out on that one.

Yeah, crimes aren't protected by a contract, but Pan Am didn't commit any crimes did they? Now are you calling all students at Pan Am suckers? I don't think that's true...there are people on this board that say there is no problem with reading the contract before signing.

Yeah that may be true...but the $500 is still history.

Panam=too expensive=ripoff

Treat the students like customers.....VERY good customers.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, crimes aren't protected by a contract, but Pan Am didn't commit any crimes did they? Now are you calling all students at Pan Am suckers? I don't think that's true...there are people on this board that say there is no problem with reading the contract before signing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess I'll refrain from calling them all suckers, but I have yet to meet someone who has gotten all of their ratings from Pan Am and felt that the amount of time and money he/she spent was justified.

I will second, I got all of my ratings in 12 months and have no qualms about it. Finished under what was quoted. I dont have a job, that would be the only problem I have. But what are ya going to do, look.

Me three.

I have finished all of my ratings up to commercial single, including ACE (commercial-multi ride tomorrow) in 7 months 2 weeks, including 2 weeks off at Christmas. CFI is next.

If CFI goes well, I will finish the entire program in 10 months, and right on budget.

The Turk.

It looks like there are people that really do like Pan Am
blush.gif
. I know there are some playa haters out there, but just because there are two or three that hope Pan Am burns in hell doesn't mean that is the true story.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess I'll refrain from calling them all suckers, but I have yet to meet someone who has gotten all of their ratings from Pan Am and felt that the amount of time and money he/she spent was justified.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one has refuted my post. I haven't met any of you. For all I know, some of you could be Pan Am administration. When I meet someone in real life who has good things to say about Pan Am, I will retract my post.

Also, I know some of the above posters just work at Pan Am, and did not do all of their training there.

That's ridiculous. I don't know anybody (except for Tired) in person on here but just because I don't know them doesn't mean I don't believe a thing they say.

I have been on here for months and nobody has ever ACCUSED me of being admin (which I'm not). Tired can back me up because he does know who I am. The fact is Mav several students refuted your post and now your just discounting us all as admin. because we actually like the school and excelled here. You can do better than that.

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't met any of you. For all I know, some of you could be Pan Am administration. When I meet someone in real life who has good things to say about Pan Am, I will retract my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop by PanAm someday and meet some pilots who have good things to say about PanAm.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I know some of the above posters just work at Pan Am, and did not do all of their training there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.
panampilot: He got his ratings at PanAm and is now a happy instructor.
PureIMC: He stated that he got his ratings from PanAm in 12 months.
Flying Turkey: Has been posting his experiences at PanAm for months.
Me: Started at PanAm after my PPL and got all my rating IR-MEI from PanAm. I'm almost an instructor.

[ QUOTE ]
I have been on here for months and nobody has ever ACCUSED me of being admin (which I'm not). Tired can back me up because he does know who I am. The fact is Mav several students refuted your post and now your just discounting us all as admin. because we actually like the school and excelled here. You can do better than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, exactly. Instead of responding to the points rasied in your post Pan-Am bashers will claim that you're "admin" and go on a mission to "out" you. Face it, their are people happy with their experience at Pan Am.

I'm the only one posting here that I know didn't do their ratings at Pan Am. Also, Mavmb1, you have met me, you just don't know it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, exactly. Instead of responding to the points rasied in your post Pan-Am bashers will claim that you're "admin" and go on a mission to "out" you. Face it, their are people happy with their experience at Pan Am.

I'm the only one posting here that I know didn't do their ratings at Pan Am. Also, Mavmb1, you have met me, you just don't know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cool, who are you? Where'd we meet at?

Back