Pure Speculation.

• Thread starter Deleted member 27505
  • Start date
At a previous employer, I was on probation, I got too high, too hot, and the Captain said "my controls". I was not happy with myself, but I was even less happy that I didn't get to fix my own mistakes.

(We went around anyway.)
Better than your FO reaching up and pulling the props into beta when you have both hands on the yoke. And not into reverse like oh I think we're going to go off the runway with 75% of it remaining, but just past ground fine into a little bit of reverse.

Derg said:
Workin' on stuff, bro.

I'm in my 40's, big boys don't always have the SMS-capable device handy at all times! I'll check it out in the morning mon.

No. You must always entertain us. Always!

I sure hope not.
My info is that there was no call for the controls by the PM. She simply made a last minute (second) grab with application of forward pressure on the yoke. The problem developed as the FO felt additional downward pressure, not knowing this pressure was being applied by the PM. So, reckoning the pressure was coming from the plane, he applied more back pressure. Now the pilots were fighting. When he realized that the PM captain had taken the controls, the FO released his pressure. The sudden release of the FO's back-pressure combined with the captain's excessive forward pressure sent the nose lurching downward onto the runway. Ouch. Silly rabbit captain... Tricks are for kids.
This particular Captain was going to have an accident sooner or later. This type of "cockpit tyrant" operations always ends up the same. This CA and FO had issues long before this flight....professional conflict, lack of respect for each other, personal relationship gone bad, etc...who knows?
The only good out of this is they didn't kill anyone.

Better than your FO reaching up and pulling the props into beta when you have both hands on the yoke. And not into reverse like oh I think we're going to go off the runway with 75% of it remaining, but just past ground fine into a little bit of reverse.
*pow!*

I had a captain tell me once, you're high, but you're fast, so at least you've got that going for you...then he "recommended" some moves, which I made...and it all came out fine :)

Once as a captain, I had a FO not descend...we went over the field at 10,000 (It was below SL) I made some suggestions, none of which he took, then finally after many bad decisions, as we were getting close to landing, he started drifting off centerline on a 75' runway, I took it. He was mad at me! Anyway...this story is better told over barley pops.

I once had a CA push on the yoke during a landing WITH an FAA inspector on the jump. He "didn't want me to land outside the touchdown zone", or so was the explanation when I pressed him about it afterwards. He now works for Spirit. Yay.

I had a captain tell me once, you're high, but you're fast, so at least you've got that going for you...then he "recommended" some moves, which I made...and it all came out fine :)

Once as a captain, I had a FO not descend...we went over the field at 10,000 (It was below SL) I made some suggestions, none of which he took, then finally after many bad decisions, as we were getting close to landing, he started drifting off centerline on a 75' runway, I took it. He was mad at me! Anyway...this story is better told over barley pops.
You didn't want to go to Imperial anyway. You know it...

Back