Purdy Neat Flight Case

JaceTheAce

I know, beating a dead horse on this subject, but anyone else have the PNS Flight Case? A few family members are helping out with the purchase so that I don't have to buy the $35 Office Depot one that everyone's telling me not to get. :D It's $200 and that's the limit of my budget...

http://www.stopoverstore.com/product/detail.cfm/pid/108

luggageworkstopgrainl.jpg

Or I can just pick it up from Marv Golden when I'm back in San Diego. They have it for the same price.

It's a damn good case, Jace The Ace. I have that one, and inside of it I carry everything. Three full 2" Jepp Binders, GOM, POH, "General Practices & Procedures Manual", my BOSE AVIATION HEADSET, a novel, a couple of tobacco products, extra coffee creamer, mp3 player, a notepad . . . I have a lot in there.

It's a damn good case, Jace The Ace. I have that one, and inside of it I carry everything. Three full 2" Jepp Binders, GOM, POH, "General Practices & Procedures Manual", my BOSE AVIATION HEADSET, a novel, a couple of tobacco products, extra coffee creamer, mp3 player, a notepad . . . I have a lot in there.

Thanks for the input. :) I think I'm going to buy it. I have two 2" Jepp binders, FOM, POH, and various company binders... so hopefully it'll fit all in it. I will need to fit my SENNHEISER headset too. :D:bandit:

So what kind of headset do you have? :sarcasm: :D

Thanks for the input. :) I think I'm going to buy it. I have two 2" Jepp binders, FOM, POH, and various company binders... so hopefully it'll fit all in it. I will need to fit my SENNHEISER headset too. :D:bandit:

So what kind of headset do you have? :sarcasm: :D

My SENNHEISER headset fits well in mine.

My SENNHEISER headset fits well in mine.

My BOSE AVIATION HEADSET fits well in mine. :D

In all seriousness, I think it is a good case. Maybe somewhere down the road I will get a Scott, but for now this one works just fine.

Re: Try this one.

Nick, did you read his post?:D

Hmm. That's a good point. :p

That said, JaceTheAce: if you can spend $100 more or whatever the CoyoteWorks bag is compared to the other, I do think it will be a worthwhile investment. By all indications so far, they will last longer than the LuggageWorks ones and you could get your $100 back eventually by not having to buy a new flight case after ten years.

Re: Try this one.

Hmm. That's a good point. :p

That said, JaceTheAce: if you can spend $100 more or whatever the CoyoteWorks bag is compared to the other, I do think it will be a worthwhile investment. By all indications so far, they will last longer than the LuggageWorks ones and you could get your $100 back eventually by not having to buy a new flight case after ten years.

If I told you how much money I had in my bank account, you'd see why I'd rather spent $200 than $300. :D That extra $100 will be used for food. :banghead:

That is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much work! My Bose works marvelously, is incredibly comfortable, and I HATE earplugs with a passion!!:D

You just lost some tough guy points with me, all this talk about hand mics and you're wearing one of them fancy Bose jobs?

WTF Are you wearing a Bose for in the ERJ, Lloyd!? Telex 750 with earplugs baby!

EARPLUGS?!?!? Gah! Only for walk-arounds, my friend! Any more than 5 minutes and my ears start to hurt. What can I say? I have sensitive ears.

I'm flying with a guy right now who uses his BOSE AVIATION HEADSET in the 737. He's an ex -200 guy. . . you gotta make concessions for them.

I look at the Telex 750s I have, and say "Well, I COULD have gotten a Bose....but I like having that extra $800-900 right now." :)

Back to the topic, Jace. That's the bag I'm getting next year to replace the Office Max bag. It's actually made it so far without breaking down on me.

Protect your hearing at all costs man. Once it goes, it's a pain in the rump.

The mad dog and the ER are whisper quiet, but don't let it fool ya! A cranked radio will screw up your hearing quicker than a Metroliner in need of a hot section inspection.

Flight kits? I'm a Scott Leather guy, what can I say? :) Oooh, baby's sitting right here beside my desk:

Protect your hearing at all costs man. Once it goes, it's a pain in the rump.

The mad dog and the ER are whisper quiet, but don't let it fool ya! A cranked radio will screw up your hearing quicker than a Metroliner in need of a hot section inspection.

Whisper quiet? You may have already lost the high frequencies. The ER has a quite high-pitched squeal just above the F/Os head. I'm sure it goes across to the captain's side, too, but haven't sat there yet. You can only hear a bit of it from the jumpseat.

Protect your hearing!

Oh I do, and I probably have. But I haven't heard the high pitch squeal.

On the -88, whenever it was wet and ice started forming... wait, this is a flightkit thread! DOH!

I'm a Scott bag man myself. Love it!

I'm also a Telex 750 wearer. I use the foam earplugs, and it works out wonderfully. All the bells and whistles are much quieter than they were with any other headset, including the Bose. I used the Bose for one four-day trip, and said, "The heck with this!" and returned it. Way too overpriced.

We fly some three- and four-hour legs in the XRJ from Texas and Oklahoma to the west coast, and I've never had my headset feel uncomfortable or give me "headset hair." I'm not so sure I'd feel the same way about this headset in a prop though. For that, I'd likely get a Sennseiser (sp).

Back