Pulled over while in uniform?

Five0, what do you make of this crazy-***** PITing this man with his three kids in his car as he was pulling over at 5 mph?

http://www.startribune.com/local/ea...UoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUnciaec8O7EyUsl

I know you didnt ask, but i'm gonna throw my opinion in there.

The cop doesnt know he has kids in the car, he's going to assume the people in there are dangerous. The man didnt stop, and from the video it seems like the cop had the lights and sirens going for a good portion of the time. I dont know about you, but lights come on behind me, i'm immediately slowing down and pulling to the right. If theres no space, i slow down as much as possible and keep it rolling till i can pull off all the way.

Remember, when the lights come on of a police car, they've already determined they want you to stop, and they've determined it's safe to do so.

Oh, and on top of it, the guy getting out of the car all fast like that? Not the damn smartest idea....:rolleyes:

Five0, what do you make of this crazy-***** PITing this man with his three kids in his car as he was pulling over at 5 mph?

http://www.startribune.com/local/ea...UoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUnciaec8O7EyUsl

AMH, Bigey hit on one of the main points from that video. He starts off claiming he didn't have a place to pull over. Judging by what I saw in the video (I know video does not always do justice for how things really look) he could have pulled over long before he did. Another thing too is that officer does not know anything about what's going on inside the car. She didn't know it was a father coming home with his 3 kids. Harmless looking people with kids in their car have killed and will continue to. If you look at the video you will see she initiated the traffic stop at 23:55:09 and he did not fully stop until 23:56:59. That's almost a full two minutes that the officer did not know what was going on inside the car. I know I can load several clips to both hand guns as well as my AR-15 and put on a bullet proof vest in 2 minutes. She may have been thinking he was trying to buy himself and any others inside the car some time to do anything. Also, not the best idea to get out of the car the way he did.

Did she need to do the little pit? No.

Other then that I don't see her being in the wrong.

Well, the "fleeing" charge was dropped. This should lead to the PIT maneuver that she performed, or I should say attempted because that was piss poor, should also be proven premature and unnecessary. Therefore, the $1500 body work bill should be covered, as well as the $140 tow charge. Yet, they aren't at this time.

Also, the cute little lady cop should be sent back to training.

PIT maneuver in some states is also deadly force. Why go to IA? That would be like a passenger going to ALPA to complain about a pilot.

If you can not handle the pressure of being a Cop, then you shouldn't be one. It is your job to set the example.

Bring civil charges, then small claims.

It may seem like I am anti-police, which I am not, but I DO believe that the position of is one which ABSOLUTELY can not, and must not tolerate anything except perfection. When you put the badge on, you have given your life to protect the public. You HAVE NOT gained the right to indiscriminately use force against those you are sworn to protect in your own interests. Our Military can not shoot without positive identification, and often until they are fired upon, but apparently, our Police force may fire upon those they protect if they feel it is warranted.

I see a serious lack of judgment again by the officer. A lapse like that in my job, would cost me my career i am sure. Assaulting a passenger who was going to the lav when I said no, would get me fired... I feel similar should happen.

Going to IA would be like going to the FAA, or to the police (probably most accurate.)

I'm sure the PBA (if they have one) have an equivilent of a Professional Standards committee, that would be like going to ALPA :p

There is a reason the H.P. would want it dealt with internally.(lifting up the carpet) I'd rather them be accountable to a jury of those they are sworn to protect... See if either example was acting in the "public" interest.

Always remember, that the Police are part of the Executive branch of the Govt. They are not to interpret laws, or decide how they are enforced. That is the judicial branch.

It seems these days that much of the simple structure of the judicial system is largely forgotten. If you go to your day in court, that officer is just as accountable as you are, and you have every right to question him. If you are cut short for any reason, you have grounds for appeal. Make him come back in again :)

I got pulled over in uniform for 2 "california stops" and running a third stop sign (the first 3 stop signs from my house so it wasnt that crazy). He walked up asked my why I did it, I said "I have no excuse sir". He looked at my info and said "stop at my stop signs from now on." Then a stern "see ya" and he was off! Took that as my one get out of jail free card

Back