PUBNAT8 Selection Results:

They will eventually send an e-mail. They are saying 4-6 weeks from now. However, you can call aviation careers now and find out rather than sitting around waiting. They are open from 730-1630 central.

**edit** Actually, this one guy said he has called 3x today and they keep telling him that the system is "updating" and to wait. I'm guessing they just got tired of answering the more than likely thousands of phone calls they've gotten this week. You can always give it a shot, though.

Just tried giving Aviation Careers a few minutes ago and they told me an email would be sent out in 4-6 weeks. Sounds like they have probably been instructed to stop telling people if they were selected or not. Guess I get to wait a while longer to learn my fate :)

I have the following status on my ASAP site and never called HR in OKC to check the status. Sounds like they're no longer accepting calls/giving out additional info. So as far as this status goes, my next step is to wait a few more weeks for an email stating whether I'll be interviewed or not? And for which location? This is the info people have found out by calling correct?
Referral list FA-AAC-11-36152: Issued on 10/06/2010 for the Throughout The Nation duty location at the FG-1 grade/payband.

Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT8-12162. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates.

I have the following status on my ASAP site and never called HR in OKC to check the status. Sounds like they're no longer accepting calls/giving out additional info. So as far as this status goes, my next step is to wait a few more weeks for an email stating whether I'll be interviewed or not? And for which location? This is the info people have found out by calling correct?
Referral list FA-AAC-11-36152: Issued on 10/06/2010 for the Throughout The Nation duty location at the FG-1 grade/payband.

Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT8-12162. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates.

that is what everyones said since 10/6/10 it should change from that soon to tell you if you were selected for an interview or not.. or you could just call.... i have been waiting but the suspense has been killing me... i think i will call monday...

Thanks, I wasnt sure if those who had called in and been told they were not selected had received a different email or something. Guess we'll all either get a selected or a not selected email in a few weeks. Let me know how it goes if you call Monday and if they're still giving out info maybe I'll call as well. Good luck!

that is what everyones said since 10/6/10 it should change from that soon to tell you if you were selected for an interview or not.. or you could just call.... i have been waiting but the suspense has been killing me... i think i will call monday...

good luck. but you might have to wait for the email. People on the other site said they are not giving out info anymore. They are telling people to wait for the email. we should know in couple weeks.:insane:

good luck. but you might have to wait for the email. People on the other site said they are not giving out info anymore. They are telling people to wait for the email. we should know in couple weeks.:insane:

Ditto on the above. If you WERE selected you will receive an email (hopefully soon), but if you WERE NOT selected your ASAP status will likely not change at all until after the March panel (if there is one).

When I called 3 weeks ago they said that the email should come in 4-6 weeks....so hopefully in 1-3 weeks we'll get something! I'm sure you all already knew all of that though. I wonder why it takes so long for them to send stuff out. I guess I should stop wondering, huh? LOL.

I called and the lady very politely told me that they weren't allowed to tell people any more and that I would be notified.... that sucks.... LOL....
Oh well the wait continues... 1-3 more weeks...

Thanks for calling! I was curious what they'd say. Makes sense that if not selected we wouldnt hear anything until March since Pubnat 8 applicants can be considered in March as well. Thanks everyone...trying to loosely follow what's going on over the months and years of the application process;)

Ok, so just to keep my hopes up for a little while longer, no one has received an email requesting an interview yet, right? I froze when I read that we could call and find out if we were selected or not, and then the day I was actually going to do it, I read that they weren't telling us anymore. I hope they update the asap page because this is the only panel I will be considered under.... I turn 31 in January.

Ok, so just to keep my hopes up for a little while longer, no one has received an email requesting an interview yet, right? I froze when I read that we could call and find out if we were selected or not, and then the day I was actually going to do it, I read that they weren't telling us anymore. I hope they update the asap page because this is the only panel I will be considered under.... I turn 31 in January.

Nobody has mentioned getting one, either here or on SM, from any of the application groups.

If you do get selected you should call and beg them to expedite you as well. A selection e-mail is not the same thing as a TOL so your age will not freeze until that happens.

If I am selected(fingers crossed) then they will see on my app that I am about to turn 31. From what I was told a few months ago from OKC, they process the people who are about to age out first. Not that I would get to the academy first, just that they would try to get me my TOL first. I hope we find out soon... I'm getting exhausted going over all the scenarios in my head...

I'm in a similar position. I turn 31 at the end of December. I called a few weeks ago and they told me I was selected for an interview. I hope they send the e-mails out soon but I still just don't see me getting a TOL before my birthday.

I'm in a similar position. I turn 31 at the end of December. I called a few weeks ago and they told me I was selected for an interview. I hope they send the e-mails out soon but I still just don't see me getting a TOL before my birthday.

They give it out at the interviews now. I'd be bugging them on a near-daily basis, especially once they tell you which facility's doing your interview. Make sure they know the timeline you're up against.

Agreed. Make them a nuisance that wont go away until they do something about it. You really dont have much to lose, considering you only have a month or so to get it figured out. The normal time line puts getting a TOL easily over a month...so get to work!

Nobody has mentioned getting one, either here or on SM, from any of the application groups.

I wonder if the word "Jetcareers" or "JC" is still verboten and banned on the forum software over there? :)

Back