PUBNAT 5- Announcement ending 7/31

There were 2 additional announcements this month (both ending 8/4)- 1 for Alaska and 1 for Hawaii. Is anyone applying for those?

I applied for both, but I am concerned that if they see I am willing to work in those remote places - they will pass me up for the local ones?

There were 2 additional announcements this month (both ending 8/4)- 1 for Alaska and 1 for Hawaii. Is anyone applying for those?

I applied for both, but I am concerned that if they see I am willing to work in those remote places - they will pass me up for the local ones?

Don't apply for a location you wouldn't be willing to work at.... I didn't apply to PUBAK or PUBHI because I know I wouldn't go...

I applied to pubnat1,2,4,5(missed 3). Pubnat1 closed on 2/15 and according to my asap I was authorized to take the test on 2/16.

<LI type=circle>02/16/2008 12:41:27 PM (Central Time): You have been authorized to take the AT-SAT test for announcement AAC-AMH-08-PUBNAT1-08232. You will be contacted within a few weeks to schedule the test. If you have questions about the process, please call Aviation Careers Division at 405-954-4657.

I applied to pubnat1,2,4,5(missed 3). Pubnat1 closed on 2/15 and according to my asap I was authorized to take the test on 2/16.

FEBOTS were all authorized very quickly, but it's not working like that anymore for these current applications...

I'm willing to work there, but those are my last choices.

I'm sure it'll be a while before they look at those announcements, so hopefully by the time they finish up the testing for those, we'll already know where we're going (or have a PEPC invite at least). I don't think you have to worry about them seeing you applied for PUBAK and PUBHI and then assigning you to one of them for your PUBNAT2 application.

Anyone who's served in the forces or worked for the federal government

"HURRY UP AND WAIT"

it's a concept of "Show us what we got, and then we'll come up with a plan".. I wouldn't sweat it.. I'm happy to be a pubnat4 - gives me PLENTY of time to study up... green book en route to my house as we speak... oh yeah, not to mention I have an ARTCC, 2 ATCT's, and a number of small municipal towers within driving distance. Time to start makin some phone calls!
(That's actually how I found out about the PUBNAT OTS apps.. I called KCCR tower in the middle of rush hour and the controller there was really cool I told me all about it) hehe :panic:

Hi -- I applied for this one that closed on 7/31, and had no idea the time line would take so long. It seems there is really no set timeline for when the initial testing takes place after the post closes? On the website it says to check back "ASAP" after it closes for an update...

I would love to have this job and this type of fast paced complex work is exactly what I do best. However, I have no idea where I will be at with work in the next year. How do you all handle it? Just up and leave what ever job you currently have?:hiya:

Hi -- I applied for this one that closed on 7/31, and had no idea the time line would take so long. It seems there is really no set timeline for when the initial testing takes place after the post closes? On the website it says to check back "ASAP" after it closes for an update...

I would love to have this job and this type of fast paced complex work is exactly what I do best. However, I have no idea where I will be at with work in the next year. How do you all handle it? Just up and leave what ever job you currently have?:hiya:

There really is no set timeline... PUBNAT4 has to test first... and they're waiting for PUBNAT3 to finish (I think they started yesterday)... you're going to be waiting a while before you can even test. It took PUBNAT3 almost 2 months before ASAP changed...

And basically, yes... when you're hired for this, give whatever the appropriate warning would be for your current job and start this new career.

CalvinHobbsCalmDown.jpg

oh.. well then, my apologies to the mod squad. Just excited for the pub3 testing today and pub 4/5 upcoming auth.

Sorry again!

i've been bumping both 4 and 5.. just to keep the strings visible for anyone who has the apps in and wants to be able to find it more easily. But I guess they'll just start popping up when people search for it.. My mistake, sorry.

I was trying to contribute.. ineffectively..

Up in Mendocino County in a hidden wine valley.. it's the kind of town that you drive your porsche through really fast while throwing cigarette butts out the window en route to another wine tasting room.

--Nothing to see here folks, move right along.--:bandit:

Our Airport is D83 - San Fran sectional - 3200' long
Our "tower" is a 7 foot shade structure with benches on it.

It's sweet, if you look in the picture, on the right side of the Tarmac the taxi ways go across the street to my neighbors' houses.

("uuh, Piper 25439, ground, be advised, you left your coffee mug on your wing again, clear to taxi 31 for runup via taxiway "driveway," proceed down active to South end with Zulu. Don't switch your radio, this is your wife speaking, you forgot to take out the trash. Use caution, the dog got out again.")

We have a lovely nothing service and offer flight service to nowhere in a Piper J2, piper L4, Aeronica, C150, and C182.

but we DID just have a fly-in not 6 days ago and the host talked a couple of T6's to fly in for a quick visit on their way to the bigger Santa Rosa airshow happening this weekend. Nothing like 4 T6's flying echelon @ 200 feet to get your blood pumping... :drool:

Back