PUBNAT 5- Announcement ending 7/31

just a complete guess, but it seems like they are just trying to get a large pool of applicants(PUBNAT2-7) to choose from in fiscal year 2009. That being said, after the PUBNAT7 in Sep. it may be a few months before they have another announcement. Then the next set of announcements will be be for fiscal year 2010. just a complete guess, but at the rate we are moving it will take until Sep. 2009 to get PUBNAT7 applicants to OKC.

just a complete guess, but it seems like they are just trying to get a large pool of applicants(PUBNAT2-7) to choose from in fiscal year 2009. That being said, after the PUBNAT7 in Sep. it may be a few months before they have another announcement. Then the next set of announcements will be be for fiscal year 2010. just a complete guess, but at the rate we are moving it will take until Sep. 2009 to get PUBNAT7 applicants to OKC.

They had better not begin combining announcements for panels, decreasing each of our chances at a position. That would be incredibly unfair, but right down their alley.

That seems to be about the same timeline for the people who applied by state last year. A lot of them who applied in May-Aug 2007 are either finished up at the academy or are down there right now. The FEBOTS are kind of lucky with about a 8 months OTS App to OKC rate, whereas AUGOTS/SEPOTS will have at LEAST a good 13-16 month wait if the FAA continues on the same pace they're on now.

Yeah i am hoping that our announcement, will be headed to OkC Nov./Dec, but am thinking it will probably be around Jan. When/If i do get my FOl, i will be calling OKC once a week hoping someone dropped a class date, just give me a 48hr notice i will be there.:nana2:

I'm with you all. I'm extremely frustrated that it takes them so long to get our apps rolling. What frustrates me even more is that they keep opening announcements. :banghead: I just would like to have some sort of response. Well I think I've vented enough for now. I'll just keep applying until I'm sitting in OKC!!! Good luck to all!!!!!

Another waiting game
1177744.gif

Just curious, how soon usually is a good time to check ASAP after the close date to find out about your application status? Cuz this is my first one and i don't know what to expect.

Just curious, how soon usually is a good time to check ASAP after the close date to find out about your application status? Cuz this is my first one and i don't know what to expect.

You won't like to hear this, but for the 5/30 (PUBNAT3) close date we didn't hear anything about the AT-SAT until 7/17.

We're not sure if that was because the 5/02 (PUBNAT2) applicants had finished their AT-SAT the day before, or if that just happened to be the timing.

So if it's the timing...maybe in a month an a half.

If it's when the group before this (PUBNAT4) finishes their testing...yikes. PUBNAT3 seems like it will be done late August. Then maybe PUBNAT4 would get scheduled in mid September and take it in early October. Then maybe PUBNAT5 will get scheduled in late October and take the test around November? But who knows.

Also, testing for PUBNAT4 might take longer. PUBNAT3 is a small group, and our testing date range is smaller than normal.

Either way, it's going to be a long wait in all probability.

Just applied last night - got my comfy house shoes on with some warm cocoa and settling in for a long wait. my first one so I have no earthly idea what I'm in for.

Weekly's definitly the way to go in the begining. You don't start getting to time sensitive stuff until you start trying to schedule a date to take the test anyway.

Technically you don't even need to check it. The info about the AT-SAT comes in an email. ASAP just lets you know a few days ahead of time that you'll be allowed to take it. Just subscribe to one of these threads, people will post when it goes up.

That didn't stop me from checking daily though. I mean, it's only a minute out of my day.

Thats true too. I'm not sure if they still do this, but I got a letter in the mail that was basically and exact copy of the e-mail they sent me to schedule a date to take the test. The only problem with the letter was that I recieved several days after the e-mail. It actually arrived on the day of the deadline stated in the e-mail/letter to call them and schedule a test date. Guess thats why its called snail mail :D

Thats true too. I'm not sure if they still do this, but I got a letter in the mail that was basically and exact copy of the e-mail they sent me to schedule a date to take the test. The only problem with the letter was that I recieved several days after the e-mail. It actually arrived on the day of the deadline stated in the e-mail/letter to call them and schedule a test date. Guess thats why its called snail mail :D

I never received a letter via snail mail, but some others from my announcement did... I'm not sure how they determine who gets one...

Back