PUBNAT 5/6 -- What are your geo prefs?

Does anybody have any idea about staffing levels at facilities in FL and GA? I read on another forum that there are no openings right now in GA. Any info would be appreciated.

well a friend who works in the tower here at MCO says they are hurting for people and they have people retiring this year regardless of the economy. and im sure its the same way all around florida so im sure there hiring though i should be lying to you saying the opposite so you wont choose florida and give me a better chance at selection.

Im having a hard time deciding what states to put down. I got a 84.5 on the AT-SAT so that kindof drags me down but I am currently @ ATC school in Ft Rucker so I will have my ATC certificate soon so I hope that gives me a boost. I picked NV and AZ on pubnat 3 and didnt get picked up.

Does anybody have any idea about staffing levels at facilities in FL and GA? I read on another forum that there are no openings right now in GA. Any info would be appreciated.

I only saw one person that got picked for ZTL from 3/4 on here and stuck mic. However, there seemed to be far fewer selections for centers in general from the last panel.

I *think* someone may have gotten Atlanta Tower from either 2 or 3/4. A80 would be suicidal for an OTS. PDK is over-staffed according to some more reputable sources. AGS (up/down), SAV (up/down) and CSG (tower) are the other FAA choices in the state. There have been a few people selected for AGS and SAV from the past three panels, but being smaller facilities, I don't know how many more trainees they'd be looking for.

Okay you facility ID knowing folks. Tell me again the difference between the letters and the numbers like NCT vs. O90. Military right? What are the rules of getting into each...if they differ.

Okay you facility ID knowing folks. Tell me again the difference between the letters and the numbers like NCT vs. O90. Military right? What are the rules of getting into each...if they differ.

Something like D10 or I90 or A80... those are Tracon.

DFW or MIA are Tower.

ZFW or ZTL or ZDV are enroute.

I only saw one person that got picked for ZTL from 3/4 on here and stuck mic. However, there seemed to be far fewer selections for centers in general from the last panel.

It looks like enroute went ape with June panels and whenever the pub2 panels were, a lof of us are just getting class dates within the past few months all the out through what now looks like the rest of FY09.

NCT is norcal tracon. Seems like tracon has a mix IE PCT patomic tracon vs d01 Denver tracon

Oh wow, I never noticed that before,,, there are a few without number identifiers... 4 I see off the bat that don't have numbers, .

Sacramento MCC
NorCal NCT
Potomac PCT
SoCal SCT

Anyone know why?

K...cuz NCT is Northern California Tracon, but O90 is Oakland Tracon...why have two Tracons so close?

Also E10 is Edwards Air Force Base Tracon.

So am I to assume that we actually don't know the difference?

SCT?
MCC?
SBA?

Sorry these examples are all in California. I'm compiling the "Call List" and I just want to make sure their is no redundancy.

Back