PSA or Endeavor to fly the 900

I guess my issue with the 200 is it seems to have much shorter flights, 6-7 legs a day, and ultimately would take longer for me to rack up time (or so I think).

Long term goal is 3-5years at regional and then to one of the 3 legacy carriers, preferably Delta. Pay doesn't matter so much since I'm really looking 5 years out and just focused on getting to a major and will at least be able to live decently with what I've saved over the past few years as a CFI. One important thing to note is as soon as I upgrade at whatever regional I'm at I'd like to participate in the training department for at least some amount of time (PSA seemed positive about helping me to do that and Endeavor guys just sort of grunted like it takes 10 years to get into the training dept).

Right now I live in Sarasota and can two leg commute to any PSA base, or one leg commute to CLT. I'd be happy to pick up and move to any PSA base.
I'm definitely not a city person and the idea of being based in LGA or DTW (having lived in MI for 4 years) isn't terrible for a little while, but 2,3, and 5 years out I'd be pretty miserable.

I guess it comes down to are the work rules, hotels, and flow to Delta (DGI) that Endeavor offers enough to outweigh living somewhere I'll hate. Also, can I upgrade and fly as much as I think I can at PSA to get the turbine time I need to get to majors (along with working in training department to bolster my resume)?
Right now I'm 2,500hrs PIC asel, with ATP multi.

Geez man seriously?

Relax and go enjoy the start of a new airline career. Everything can (and will) change by the time you are at the level you sound like you want to be at.

Really do appreciate all the advice from everyone!

I understand I might be looking a little far ahead, but figured it never hurts to have a plan even if it is going to probably change 5 or 6 times before I get to wherever I'm going.

Most likely it seems like the bases will decide for me and I'll go with PSA. I know I really should never complain about reserve, equipment, etc since just a few years ago I'd be lucky to even get a job offer from anyone let alone every company I interviewed with. I certainly do feel incredibly fortunate to be making this move now when things are good and everyone is hiring and growing, and do understand by the time I get off ioe the next recession could be here and I'll be parked at a regional for the next decade (hopefully that won't be the case and I can take advantage of this time while I can).

My wife on more than one occasion asked for the number to crew scheduling when I was on reserve.
The following conversation with my mom when she visited once while I was on reserve.
Mom: "I thought you had to work?"
Me: "I am."
Mom: "But you haven't been to work in the week I've been here. If you're unemployed just tell me."
Me: "Yes mom, I have a job. I explained it. I only go in if they call."
Mom: "When did you last get called??"
Me: "A month ago."
Mom: "So you haven't been paid in over a month?? That's called unemployed."
Me: "No mom. I get paid either way."
Mom: "This makes no sense."

I later find out from my brother that she told her friends I was unemployed.

Last edited:
My wife on more than one occasion asked for the number to crew scheduling when I was on reserve.
The following conversation with my mom when she visited once while I was on reserve.
Mom: "I thought you had to work?"
Me: "I am."
Mom: "But you haven't been to work in the week I've been here. If you're unemployed just tell me."
Me: "Yes mom, I have a job. I explained it. I only go in if they call."
Mom: "When did you last get called??"
Me: "A month ago."
Mom: "So you haven't been paid in over a month?? That's called unemployed."
Me: "No mom. I get paid either way."
Mom: "This makes no sense."

I later find out from my brother that she told her friends I was unemployed.

I had a similar conversation with my father in law a few years back about being " on call ", the only way I could get him to understand was to explain that I wasn't paid to fly, I was paid to be available to go fly if they needed me to.
Old people...

OMG! Vacuum flush terlets!
I do miss slats. Not enough to actively push to get checked out in either airplane, though. Especially because I can press X to dodge, as follows:

"Hey, Captain Blue, we have a DFW (MSO) (whatever) for you"
"You know I haven't had OOE on the 700/900 yet, right?"
"Oh. Crap, that's like two days in a row, right?"
"Yes. Uh. Anyway. Resume the RAP, right?"
"Yes. Have a good one."

I do miss slats. Not enough to actively push to get checked out in either airplane, though. Especially because I can press X to dodge, as follows:

"Hey, Captain Blue, we have a DFW (MSO) (whatever) for you"
"You know I haven't had OOE on the 700/900 yet, right?"
"Oh. Crap, that's like two days in a row, right?"
"Yes. Uh. Anyway. Resume the RAP, right?"
"Yes. Have a good one."

Years ago, as a somewhat senior FO (dual qualed on the 200 and 700) I went through a several month period were every single day I was pulled off my nice 200 line, with nice overnights, and thrown on an uncovered 700 trip because none of our reserves were 700 qualified. So the junior guy got my great trip and I ended up with an Akron overnight.

Back