PSA Feb LOA's

meyers9163

Just an update for those in a pool or not checking company e-mail. More enchanced leaves of absences were offered for Feb-March 1st. Keep on looking for those jobs if you are out there. With SWA saying now they are not going to take or do any classes in 2009 this year could be interesting as well. Hope for the best and we will see what comes this summer. As long as it does not become a summer time job (if indeed we recall any this spring/summer).

Wasn't the a rumor about possible recalls? So much for that, eh? With the Airways announcement of more capacity reductions, 4-6%, and with the fleet mix issues (mainline v. regional and # large R), things aren't gonna get fixed anytime soon.

I wonder if it is like before the LOA's cover the whole company not just pilots. It sounds like to me from other talks they were very close to needing some back in January.

I am for the most part ruling 09 out for myself as I am in the first group of 27. It sucks but I am just working and feeding my family trying to survive. I still think I will come back when I get the call but it all depends on how things are going at that time. It's funny in a way I am making double what I was on the line. I even have money to fly for fun to stay in the game. This industry is so screwed up! But I love to fly and probably will go back when needed. It is like an addiction or something....so messed up!

It's a shame but it really does seem like they are trying to shrink PSA to death. Makes it seem like recall really never will happen.:(

No crap man....I heard on the ALPA board that the feb lines for senior people are 13 days off and 8 leg days! Sounds like they are maxing it out as much as possible. I suppose the one good thing being on furlough is you don't get to put up with crap QOL. :( That is unless you don't have that back up plan going...Best of luck to those that don't.

But but but the captain said we would be called back before the holidays. :sarcasm: I have to agree that making more money not flying is nice. But then again, I would rather be flying.

But but but the captain said we would be called back before the holidays. :sarcasm: I have to agree that making more money not flying is nice. But then again, I would rather be flying.

lol EVERYONE was saying we'd only be gone a couple months...
Ya'll need to tell me what your doing making all that money!

Construction...go figure!....Instead of new home's people are just doing remodels. It will hold me over until I can get back in the saddle. It's not for everyone, but I like building stuff and it's keeping me from getting too fat!:D

I'm just a glorified gas pumper at an FBO right now. Even though I make a lot less per hour, I work 40 hours a week. So right now I am making more pumping gas than flying for a regional. Ain't that a kick in the sack? Plus I am making some good connections. So maybe just maybe when the moon and stars are aligned just right, I might get a good corporate gig.

Just a heads up for the PSA guys who aren't getting FASTReads for what ever reason...

We launched the new website, including a new forum. All the furloughed guys *should* have access. psa.alpa.org.

Non PSA pilots can take a look at the pretty front page (and some general PSA information) but won't be able to get pas the login.

I'm just a glorified gas pumper at an FBO right now. Even though I make a lot less per hour, I work 40 hours a week. So right now I am making more pumping gas than flying for a regional. Ain't that a kick in the sack? Plus I am making some good connections. So maybe just maybe when the moon and stars are aligned just right, I might get a good corporate gig.

Thats because you're actually working, and working hard too. You got paid so little because the majority of your time you are at home/crashpad doing something while waiting by a phone. If you're at PSA flying a 90+hrs line even on first year pay thats a decent paycheck.:)

If they were worried about $$, don't you think they should save the $.42 (plus labor and paper) it cost to send me the memo that "We encourage crewmembers to strive for perfect attendance."

Too funny.

From what I can gather we're adequately staffed, except during the blend. At that time scheduling is scrambling to cover flights.

So I guess that makes it simple. More flying, new airframes, or 79 people leave till we get back in the saddle. Looks like 2010 at the earliest the way things are looking now.

Yes, deadstick I am also training for a full marathon in the spring. Half marathons are for wimp's! :D:D

So I guess that makes it simple. More flying, new airframes, or 79 people leave till we get back in the saddle. Looks like 2010 at the earliest the way things are looking now.

I can tell you since I was let go in the last wave. Thus half my class is still flying (and I get to hear from them daily) there have been about 10 people whom left. I can tell you that was in September and none have left sicne then. However those were not replaced. I do not see PSA recalling based on attrition. Thus we better lose some CA's to other opportunities or movement isnt going to happen. Its all about timing. If PSA were to have acted sooner and got all of us on property sooner, then our CA's would have been long gone to mainline and they'd be the ones without a job. However it didnt happen that way and thus we have the FO's on the street. In a way, speaking from my own situation, at least I am not counting on 50k plus to live and am happy it worked out to be me instead of one of the many of them. We will all have our chance in the future. Just have to stick this one out and or look for greener pastures (yes there are many more out there then PSA).

I'm about 8 from recall, 6 since I know at least two above me are going to bypass and am not counting on anything until maybe Fall. But we will see what happens.

Anyone else on furlough get that medical leave reporting procedure in the mail today? Kind of funny, I'll make sure to let them know when I will be returning to work! :panic:

Back