PSA, Anyone???

skyhawk123

I was wondering if any of you guys know something new about PSA...
* Mainline did not furlough anyone (so far)
* looks like Piedmont still hiring,
* is PSA still furloughing pilots?

also i was checking the PSA website and they have the pilot position open posted on august 1 on the jobs page...

Not hiring. No news. Furloughed 27, then 39 as of September 1st and September 10th we have 10 more. Thus a total of 76 furloughs and about 30 something downgrades. All of those have to get back before anyone new comes. Honestly there has been NO news at all. The website says hiring and I have no clue why. Our routes and flying has been cut and really I dont see the recalls happening before Spring next year. But things change and that could happen tomorrow, who knows.

Like I told Paul, it's been awful quiet all around the US Airways system other than a Cactus callsign change.

Like I told Paul, it's been awful quiet all around the US Airways system other than a Cactus callsign change.

Haha, that Cactus deal is messing with everyone. I flew into BDL today and later through BOS airspace and it was pretty comical as both pilots and controllers were having quite the time with it.

Controller: "USAir.....errrr..Cactus 1234 desend and maintain 5,000."
Pilot: "down to five thousand USAir..........ahhh Cactus 1234."

One pilot even used the callsign "USAircactus"

It really wasn't that bad around CLT yesterday. A flub every once and a while but for the most part it seemed to be going smoothly.

There *may* be some news out today or tomorrow from PSA... and then again, their may not be.

There *may* be some news out today or tomorrow from PSA... and then again, their may not be.

There maybe some furloughs next wednesday too! Or maybe those 10 of us will not be gone? :) ok wishful thinking! Havent been used yet this week so maybe they cut the right amount of people, thus why I am gone wednesday!

• Tim Keuscher has requested a meeting with the members of the MEC and Negotiating Committee on Thursday September 4th at 12:00 P.M. at the corporate offices in Dayton. The purpose of the meeting is to receive the "State of the Airline" briefing from Keith Houk and Tim Keuscher." Look for updates on this meeting in future messages to the pilots.

I heard it was delayed until 1pm, and that some of our pilot reps and big wigs were still in CLT around Noon 30.

I dont see this meeting being any more then what they said. A state of the airline meeting. Thus I really see this being a big non event. Although its better news then talking about more furloughs and or closing the doors. I just dont see this meeting bringing any good news or something we should sit waiting to hear about.

I dont see this meeting being any more then what they said. A state of the airline meeting. Thus I really see this being a big non event. Although its better news then talking about more furloughs and or closing the doors. I just dont see this meeting bringing any good news or something we should sit waiting to hear about.
I got 9 months in the company, so I would be curious to hear from those who have been around for awhile. Is this a yearly thing that maybe goes along with the fiscal calendar or is this extraordinary?

The rumors over on the union board are that we're going to get a mascot, I vote for the flying squirrel.

The news *could* be fairly big, but I don't think it would affect our numbers as far as pilots are concerned, so there wouldn't be a huge change in the furloughs. That's about all I can say for now, maybe Ethan can say more. If not wait until the next fast read comes out.

Are you guys on Local 61? If not you should try and sign up.

Are you guys on Local 61? If not you should try and sign up.

According to many and I have found it to be true, we cant get onto that forum since the guy who created it left. When he left he never gave the information out to anyone who would be able to accept new members. Thus I have been unable on my many attempts to get into that website!

Back