PSA, Anyone???

I am an ALPA apprentice, and applied for the Local 61 board, and have had access the last couple of months. Not sure why others aren't able to gain access.

the "ALPA Local 61 Forum"...is just an MSN group, so search for it over at msn.com.

This was posted on it this evening as to the meeting with management....

"we are going to get Mesa's 900's and Horizon's 700's then "fuse" weld them together to make a CL 9700. then dedicate our efforts to a CLT - FAY shuttle with reduced service on saturdays."

seems like we have got a plan to bring USAirways to the top of the Airline world and compete with the likes of Emirates

The FASTRead that is going to come out is going to say nothing about new airplanes so ya'll can stop worry about that. It also isn't going to say anything about more job cuts, so that's something not to worry about as well.

As far as the MSN group... that guy who runs it is the DAY LEC CA rep so he's still here.

There hopefully will be a new forum as part of an upcoming website in the next month or so.

The FASTRead that is going to come out is going to say nothing about new airplanes so ya'll can stop worry about that. It also isn't going to say anything about more job cuts, so that's something not to worry about as well.

As far as the MSN group... that guy who runs it is the DAY LEC CA rep so he's still here.

There hopefully will be a new forum as part of an upcoming website in the next month or so.

Hey BobDDuck thanks fo the preview!!! Any word about the furloughed guys?? maybe a recall?? a new class :sarcasm:???

I honestly don't know. I don't see anything coming too soon, unless mainline decides to take the 60 something guys that they had in the pool. The good news is, that as of now it doesn't look like any more cuts... but of course that could all change tomorrow.

I honestly don't know. I don't see anything coming too soon, unless mainline decides to take the 60 something guys that they had in the pool. The good news is, that as of now it doesn't look like any more cuts... but of course that could all change tomorrow.

Any word on what mainlines plans are? They haven't done furlough's yet have they?

I've seen several J4J guys who were recalled and are on reserve and they all said they've been flying just about every day while they're on call.

the "ALPA Local 61 Forum"...is just an MSN group, so search for it over at msn.com.

This was posted on it this evening as to the meeting with management....

"we are going to get Mesa's 900's and Horizon's 700's then "fuse" weld them together to make a CL 9700. then dedicate our efforts to a CLT - FAY shuttle with reduced service on saturdays."

seems like we have got a plan to bring USAirways to the top of the Airline world and compete with the likes of Emirates
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Que listo eres tio je je je

As terrible as it is going to sound. I have to agree with Ethan for once in my lifetime :)! Ok its not the 1st time but still. I really do not see us having any movement, or massive recalls until those 60 pilots of ours whom were hired with mainline go to mainline. Then I also see some of those guys whom were hired decide that they do not wish to go and stay put as well. Thus when it comes to guys comming back from furlough, you might see a very small class sometime early next year (10 or fewer) to replace some attrition but I do not see many more then that. Since I've been here we have only loss about 10 guys due to attrition. So that's barely one a month. Now who knows what will happen if DAL starts to hire and SWA and Netjets. Who knows out of our small pilot group how many of our guys are wanting to go. Another thing to keep in mind is our top 40-50 guys are pretty much staying put; I'd even go to say the top 150 are pretty set in stone with a few exceptions (10 years plus experience at PSA). I do not see many of them going anywhere. Thus when we only have 500 guys and 240 Captains or so, you are hoping some of the younger CA's might look else where for a better job since they might be qualified. FO wise I dont see many leaving. Not with no one else hiring at the time. If another airline starts to hire, say a Skywest/Republic, then maybe you will see some of our guys leave. But most the guys who are here, unless CLT based FO, are and or were holding lines. I dont see many giving that up.

ok it has been almost two months since the last post about PSA, at leasts in this thread, the oil price were around 105 back then now is 62...

Piedmont is doing the schedule

US Air Vs Mesa??? will see the outcome on march, by the way USAir just received a loan from RAH or is their way...

PSA management and the Union got together a couple times but nothing official about those reunions at least nothing about the future or the guys on the street

many things have happened.. but is PSA going anywhere? are they going to recall at least a few guys next year??:banghead:

PSA anyone?

US Air Vs Mesa??? will see the outcome on march, by the way USAir just received a loan from RAH or is their way...

I'll let the ones in the PSA circle comment on their company (wow, there's a thought), but RAH was ONE source that loaned them money...something like $35 million in almost $850 million that Airways was loaned.

but is PSA going anywhere? are they going to recall at least a few guys next year??:banghead:

PSA anyone?

Doubt it. PSA has not grown and will not grow. PSA is the size it will be in the future. The whole we want the wholly owns to do 50% of the flying was a joke. Too bad many of us bought it hook, line and sinker. Now I am not saying I regret things, but its just too bad many of us were given unfilled promises about the future and growth of PSA by the management team.

Recalls I do no forsee until maybe next year. However I do not see us needing 72 pilots next year. Perhaps by 2010 you will see all of our pilots recalled. However keep in mind attrition is taking place however we are not replacing the attrition taking place. Someone recently said that TK came into a recurrent and stated if he wanted to he could let 27 more pilots go and staffing would be alright. Reserve pilots I know in DAY are flying less then 20 hours a month. By doing that math it will be a while.

Me personally I am looking for a job outside aviation right now. Looking to move east from Indy towards Dayton and keep my current job. When recalls happens I'll live close enough I wont have to worry about checking the computer every 15 minutes while on rsv. However again I dont forsee much change happening. Union is dead, news is not happening. Ethan or Jeremy might be able to add more but to my knowledge there's very little happening.

Doubt it. PSA has not grown and will not grow. PSA is the size it will be in the future. The whole we want the wholly owns to do 50% of the flying was a joke. Too bad many of us bought it hook, line and sinker. Now I am not saying I regret things, but its just too bad many of us were given unfilled promises about the future and growth of PSA by the management team.

Recalls I do no forsee until maybe next year. However I do not see us needing 72 pilots next year. Perhaps by 2010 you will see all of our pilots recalled. However keep in mind attrition is taking place however we are not replacing the attrition taking place. Someone recently said that TK came into a recurrent and stated if he wanted to he could let 27 more pilots go and staffing would be alright. Reserve pilots I know in DAY are flying less then 20 hours a month. By doing that math it will be a while.

Me personally I am looking for a job outside aviation right now. Looking to move east from Indy towards Dayton and keep my current job. When recalls happens I'll live close enough I wont have to worry about checking the computer every 15 minutes while on rsv. However again I dont forsee much change happening. Union is dead, news is not happening. Ethan or Jeremy might be able to add more but to my knowledge there's very little happening.

In part because it's true and in part just to bust Pauls balls, I kinda wish I had waited on RAH. I'd be on the street, but I think their potential for growth exceeds that at PSA. We're lame ducks, plain and simple.

Everyone connected to the US Air system is a lame duck IMO. They looked pretty good back in '05-'06, oil prices really killed them. Let's hope Dougie & CO. have a good plan or we'll all %$#@.

Everyone connected to the US Air system is a lame duck IMO. They looked pretty good back in '05-'06, oil prices really killed them. Let's hope Dougie & CO. have a good plan or we'll all %$#@.

Agreed. On the PSA side of the house, things have not MOVED! You could hear pindrops here. And if TK sneezes, it becomes "Holy crap more furloughs," "We're getting -900's!" "We're getting a new order of A340's!" and so on.

It's frustrating when all these other places speak of growth and hiring in the comming months and we're talking about being furloughed into 2010 :(.

Back