PSA 900 meeting?

TheOneMarine

So, as I told Paul, I'm sure I know the answer but, does anyone have the official word out of the meetings yesterday at PSA regarding the 900's?

We are not worthy. Fast Read had no "deets" regarding a CRJ-900. Obviously the one prior said larger aircraft.

Many do not want to see PSA flying CRJ-900s. Well MESA, Skywest, Pinnacle, Mesaba, and others are flying 900, or equivalent sized aircraft.

It's get the planes, or die a slow death. Someone is going to fly these airplanes. Why not have US Airways employees flying them.

btw: what answer might you be inclined to believe, very curious what you may know, or think. Need more discussion! The Local 61 board is full of political non-sense, and no new updates there, yet.

Get the 1000's. They have bigger windows.

lol yes, I want to undercut my pay and mainline because I want a brighter, bigger jet with BIG windows. I HATE deadheading in the 200 with those stupid small, low windows! If I have to pay 2.00 for a drink I want a view dangit! :p (End joking rant).

Anyways, I don't know Joliet, but if there hasn't been a slew of rumors yet then I assume nothing has happened. Besides, last I heard, mainline wanted a trade, not additions. As in one –200 for one –900 and so forth. Who knows, mainline will be furloughing 30/mo until reaching 300. I think for recalls, we are pretty well screwed for a long time to come. Just my .02 as always though and side effects include heart burn, indigestion, kidney failure, loss of vision or hearing and possibly but in rare circumstances, death.

You should hope your company gets the -900. It's true it may take away mainline jobs, but at this point it may be your shot to have growth at your company. If you don't want to do the flying, there will be Chatauqua/SKYW/PNCL who would be more than happy to do it. And they will. Fly the big rj for 60-something bucks an hour and get out when you can.

As far as a trade, it's still ok. If USAIR wants the -900 instead of the -200 fine. At that point you have the more desirable aircraft, and again..the argument about it being a mainline plane doesn't matter, that's not for us to decide.

We all know its just a matter of time until RAH gets their hands on the E190.... If PSA and AWAC do not adjust for the current state of the industry neither will be around much longer.... Or so my .0000001cents worth.

Just please, for the life of the rest of us who might be forced to fly these beasts.

Fly them at a rate that is more than -200, -700 rates. Please?

Please, don't allow an arbitrator to determine that your -900 rates should be lower than industry average for -700, much less -200 rates like some arbitrator did - screwing the rest of us.

I heard the same rumor about the 900's. But it seems as though there were some details that included all of us on furlough would somehow be screwed by the deal. I am going to have to ask my buddy who seems to be in the know about it again. Getting the bigger plane and better pay for it would be nice. But if that means we are going to be waiting even longer for a re-call, hell with that.

But if that means we are going to be waiting even longer for a re-call, hell with that.

Its bad to say but I am enjoying my gig right now. I kind of am hoping I can bypass for a while! But those who want to go back I wish they could! I personally am ok bypassing for as long as I can! I really have NO desire to go sit reserve again!

Fly the big rj for 60-something bucks an hour and get out when you can.

Don't get me wrong. I don't know you. But that is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard anywhere. Ever. You'd better pray that you are never part of a pilot group where that mentality prevails.

Moving on...

Apparently none of you were one of the 22 people that called/texted/IMed/emailed me today to ask what was going on. Moral of the story is that the 900 rate negotiation has been ongoing for 3 years now. It's a back and forth process and because during most of the time it's been going on (with a few rare exceptions here and there) there hasn't been any actual airplanes sitting around waiting for a crew with a pay rate to fly them so there hasn't been any rush to get it done. If I recall this was a meeting to get managements resonse to a union response from several months ago that was a response to managements proposal from a few months before which was a counter proposal from a union proposal from some time last year and so forth and so on.

Nothing to get all excited about as of yet.

Don't get me wrong. I don't know you. But that is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard anywhere. Ever. You'd better pray that you are never part of a pilot group where that mentality prevails.

Moving on...

Apparently none of you were one of the 22 people that called/texted/IMed/emailed me today to ask what was going on. Moral of the story is that the 900 rate negotiation has been ongoing for 3 years now. It's a back and forth process and because during most of the time it's been going on (with a few rare exceptions here and there) there hasn't been any actual airplanes sitting around waiting for a crew with a pay rate to fly them so there hasn't been any rush to get it done. If I recall this was a meeting to get managements resonse to a union response from several months ago that was a response to managements proposal from a few months before which was a counter proposal from a union proposal from some time last year and so forth and so on.

I figured your phone would be blowing up so I figured I'd save you the memory space :D.

As for what scflyin said, I THINK.... THINK what your talking about is a possible rebuild of the J4J garbage. Which would basically put us TOTALLY at the mercy of an Airways recall, as if we're not that way already.

Like Paul said, at this point, I'm not so sure I wouldn't bypass recall as long as possible. Who wants to get recalled and furloughed again? Flying jets shouldn't be a summer job.

My understanding is that no J4Js could come on property before all true PSA pilots were recalled.

The PSA problem is our -900 rate would be more than the US Airways mainline E190 rate.

Which is waaaaaaaaaay too low.

Remember, the -900 will be a DC-9 replacement.

It's not a big RJ.

It's a DC-9.

-15's about 80, I think. Im' not that sure. But YX had -15's in a single class config (of course only 2x2 seating) that had 64 onboard.

I'd get more pissed then upset! I'm enjoying this non flying gig. And I'm actually around HOT women now unlike the FA's I fly around with.... Hell if this place had a cessna around I'd be in hevan! Ok moving on!

It's not a big RJ.

It's a DC-9.

Amen, Bro. Amen.

I remember the first leg of my CA IOE at MAG in 2004 was PHX-MSP. I parked in between two NWA DC-9s. I felt like crap.

I think it was already said, but these would not be growth airplanes, but replacement. Our management does not want the J4J program back, and with USAPA being voted in there's potential for some REAL headaches. Now if the folks in Tempe say the program is back or you won't get the airplanes the program will be back.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another round of insulting pay rates, and in turn the proposal gets voted down again.

It's not a big RJ.

It's a DC-9.

I respectfully disagree. It's still a CRJ any way you slice it or dice it. A really big one albeit.

The plane was created and will be used by carriers to replace smaller dc-9/737/fokker type jets, they burn less gas and have lower compensated crews (this is where the regionals come in!).

If PSA is looking at the plane and US Air wants you to fly it, take it...get the plane on property and ask questions later. Look at all the company's that have had significant growth with larger aircraft...Colgan, SKWY, CHQ, PNCL, Mesaba...They all have become the "places to be" and have all gotten these larger planes and later figured out what the pay will be. Agreeably it's usually not what we would consider an adequate wage but if you want growth which is KEY at a regional, than this is what it takes.

Remember you're banking on one day being at a major, growth via these larger frames will get more movement at your company and thus get you into the left seat sooner.
What you get paid (as long as it's let's say higher than mesa) is secondary. Remember, if you don't accept the pay, don't take the job as somebody else will.

Don't think that the major pilots (alpa or not) really care too much with what takes place at the regionals. Maybe some look back at their past carrier with interest but in the end they're busy fighting their own battles. Example being a certain member here who has the greatest disdain for any non-union LCC but when it comes to Colgan or SKWY everything is Copasetic. Do you hear anything from pilots regarding the chopping and swapping that big "D" has done with its regionals of late? Nope...Again, if you set a high bar for compensation with the -900, the answer will be you don't get any and CHQ will fly more 175s instead. It's simple...if you want to growth at a regional don't set the bar too high. Sad but true.

Back